Whiskey of the Day

This was a gift from a long time friend/student of mine.
Never heard of it but we’re about to get educated.
IMG_6321.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6322.jpg
    IMG_6322.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Found my new favorite local restaurant last night. “Steak & Whiskey” Not only was it the best Steak I’ve ever had... but there were like 6 pages of Whiskey to choose from. I went with an EH Taylor Single Barrel and a High West Campfire. The Taylor was perfect, the Campfire was good, but I’d never buy a bottle. Cool place to try new Whiskeys... not cheap though.

2 oz / 1 oz pours:
IMG_2626.jpg

Nice selection. Hard to beat EH Taylor. [emoji106] I’m also not a fan of the HW Campfire. And 91 bucks for a pour of Lot B is insane.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice selection. Hard to beat EH Taylor. [emoji106] I’m also not a fan of the HW Campfire. And 91 bucks for a pour of Lot B is insane.

I think I can still taste the Campfire... kinda like when your clothes smell the next day from sitting by a fire.. lol. Some of their prices are extortion... but because of where its located, I’m sure people pay it.

Buster3479

E.H. Taylor Single, Barrel Strength, and Small batch are the favorite things I have at home in that order. I love the Van Winkle 12, we pay about $34 for a 2 oz pour when out for a special occasion.

bouche03

Found my new favorite local restaurant last night. “Steak & Whiskey” Not only was it the best Steak I’ve ever had... but there were like 6 pages of Whiskey to choose from. I went with an EH Taylor Single Barrel and a High West Campfire. The Taylor was perfect, the Campfire was good, but I’d never buy a bottle. Cool place to try new Whiskeys... not cheap though.

2 oz / 1 oz pours:
View attachment 339920

Yep, that place is a rip off. Nice selection but way overpriced

Buster3479

Fridays acquisitions. I camped out Thursday night for an all day Whiskey event and ended up getting some bottles I've been chasing all year! I can't wait to crack them open!

Attachments

• 20200117_220850.jpg
    20200117_220850.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 95

Buster3479

That' sad Trout.

I cracked open and tasted the Elijah 18, the Little Book Chapter 3, and the Maker's RC6 tonight.

The Maker's RC6 was good, and unlike any other Maker's I've ever had. Quite a bit of fruit and spice, with a really long but pleasant finish.

The Little Book Ch 3 was awesome, super fruit forward, both in the nose and and taste. The finish was smooth but quite a bit shorter. My wife and I really liked it.

The EC18 is something of an enigma. I was at first worried about buying it because all of the reviews claimed it was solid oak. Nothing could be further from the truth. As the glass sat out with lots of nosing and small sips, it went from vanilla, to fruit, to butterscotch, to like a kind of vanilla / chocolate pudding maybe crem brule, then back to fruit, then back to vanilla. This is one to savor, the flavor profile keeps changing, and I never once got oak. There was a charred wood smell briefly, before going back to vanilla. I like it, great for sipping when you have time to appreciate it.

Charlie314

I picked up this Talisker yesterday. I was very happy with it 😁

Attachments

• 3BC7C7A1-FDC6-4428-9027-B372A46CF575.jpeg
    3BC7C7A1-FDC6-4428-9027-B372A46CF575.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom