Where'd All the Motor Oil Go??

JimLee

Hooked
I scored a few 5 quart jugs of the Pennzoil Platinum in 0W 20 yesterday, but we are pretty rural so not high demand, and the oil section of the parts store was looking pretty thin. The guy at the counter said their oil shipments are pretty random right now, and usually they get one brand one weight at a time, I must have lucked out as they had just got a Pennzoil shipment.

trailraider

My dad is doing work for someone just retired from Oil Industry. Manufacturers are out of additives required for diesel, weeks away from being out for hydraulic fluid, and similar with regular motor oil. Said Mobil1 is already out.
Shell notified me they have issues with the additives needed for the oil. Right now they are focusing on bulk oil and not doing packaged. so if you need an oil change you may have to let a shop stocking bulk do it for you. Chrysler has restricted most packaged oil , but bulk we have had no issues thus far.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have at least one of my Jeeps and my Duramax in need of an oil change soon. I keep looking for oil but the shelves are still bare. The whole thing is just so frustrating.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have at least one of my Jeeps and my Duramax in need of an oil change soon. I keep looking for oil but the shelves are still bare. The whole thing is just so frustrating.
For the duramax do you have a medium duty shop for Isuzu around? They will have GM grade 15w-40 since they mainly have GM engines in them

bmkrinne

Just changed my F250, 4 gallons T6 Rotella at my local Home Depot! Can’t find 5W20 Mobil though.

Fuckin Russians!! Haha!!

JT@623

Hooked
I’ve been able to get Amsoil without issues for both gas and diesel.

benatc1

Hooked
That’s so annoying, Have you tired Amazon? I couldn’t find what I need for my 06 ram once and ordered on there.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It's Obama's fault.

Finally hit ~5K miles on the jeep. I was going to change the oil this weekend, maybe I'll just take it to Jeep instead?

Top Bottom