What's your view like at work?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Well this load has turned out to be a P.I.T.A. it weights a lot more than what John Deere says it does. They say it weights 43600 lbs. My empty weight is 37200 full of fuel and def. With half a tank the scale on our yard showed I was 620 lbs over. The Illinois scale just north of Springfield said I was 1200 lbs over and gave me a $320 ticket which the company will pay. Got down to the truck stop in Troy IL and weighted it on the scale here and it shows that I'm 1320 lbs over with a 1/4 tank.
That’s a lot of steel.

Dale72

Hooked
That’s a lot of steel.
Yeah. Now I sit here and wait until they decide what to do. If it was just the loaded and the bucket, I could have left the bucket attached my oversized permit would be for over weight and wide. But it has a set of forks sitting under the bucket. So that puts it at 3 pieces so I can't be over weight.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well this load has turned out to be a P.I.T.A. it weights a lot more than what John Deere says it does. They say it weights 43600 lbs. My empty weight is 37200 full of fuel and def. With half a tank the scale on our yard showed I was 620 lbs over. The Illinois scale just north of Springfield said I was 1200 lbs over and gave me a $320 ticket which the company will pay. Got down to the truck stop in Troy IL and weighted it on the scale here and it shows that I'm 1320 lbs over with a 1/4 tank.
The bigger issue to me sounds like the huge discrepancy in weights on the scales.

Dale72

Hooked
The bigger issue to me sounds like the huge discrepancy in weights on the scales.
Yeah. The scales are never the same. I have weighted on one scale and had to move the machine a little bit. Then when I weighted it again on the same scale the gross weight was different. I have never seen 2 scales weight the same even when they are across the street from each other

Yeah. The scales are never the same. I have weighted on one scale and had to move the machine a little bit. Then when I weighted it again on the same scale the gross weight was different. I have never seen 2 scales weight the same even when they are across the street from each other

Whenever we build loads in our system at work, we have the cap at 44K lbs. you have to manually override it to load all the way to 48. We try to leave a little tolerance…

Dale72

Hooked
Whenever we build loads in our system at work, we have the cap at 44K lbs. you have to manually override it to load all the way to 48. We try to leave a little tolerance…
The weight that John Deere says that it weights is always a little heavier than what it ends up being. I don't know what happened with this one. They will more than likely send another truck so I can put the bucket and forks on Monday.

kevman65

Hooked
The weight that John Deere says that it weights is always a little heavier than what it ends up being. I don't know what happened with this one. They will more than likely send another truck so I can put the bucket and forks on Monday.
Probably forgot to weigh the forks, or they were a last minute add-on.

Dale72

Hooked
Well got the loader back to the plant. And I went and weighted the truck empty, and I'm really close to the same amount of fuel as I was when the IL scales got me Saturday. Here's both weights.

Attachments

• 20240212_164812.jpg
    20240212_164812.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240210_103105.jpg
    20240210_103105.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 12

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
Well this load has turned out to be a P.I.T.A. it weights a lot more than what John Deere says it does. They say it weights 43600 lbs. My empty weight is 37200 full of fuel and def. With half a tank the scale on our yard showed I was 620 lbs over. The Illinois scale just north of Springfield said I was 1200 lbs over and gave me a $320 ticket which the company will pay. Got down to the truck stop in Troy IL and weighted it on the scale here and it shows that I'm 1320 lbs over with a 1/

Well John Deere is having me bring this back to the plant in Davenport
Hey, that’s where I live. Stay off locust street. It’s falling apart.

Top Bottom