What's Your EDC

J

JKDream

Surprised how many of you carry guns everyday. Up here if you get caught carrying a handgun anywhere in Canada (unless carrying a restricted license and strictly going to and from a range) you get severe jail time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mule

Yeah like the idea of the "key smart" does it work well in everyday practice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Surprised how many of you carry guns everyday. Up here if you get caught carrying a handgun anywhere in Canada (unless carrying a restricted license and strictly going to and from a range) you get severe jail time.

IMG_0260.jpg
IMG_0259.jpg

Because of this. The IC, on the back means, "Instructor Certified." With that certification, the only places I can't carry in my state are, police stations, jails, courtrooms (only when court is in session), and places of nuisance (essentially a brothel). Everywhere else, I'm good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

View attachment 276583
View attachment 276582

Because of this. The IC, on the back means, "Instructor Certified." With that certification, the only places I can't carry in my state are, police stations, jails, courtrooms (only when court is in session), and places of nuisance (essentially a brothel). Everywhere else, I'm good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Not to start a debate here but doesn't that kind of freak you out? I would be weirded out walking down the street knowing people are carrying handguns all over the place. Just for reference I'm a gun owner as well.

WJCO

Meme King
Not to start a debate here but doesn't that kind of freak you out? I would be weirded out walking down the street knowing people are carrying handguns all over the place. Just for reference I'm a gun owner as well.

I feel safer knowing that a majority here carries a gun. I am more scared of drivers on the road and the damage they can do with their vehicles rather than normal gun owners. One of the foundations of this country is protecting ourselves with firearms if necessary. The shootings that you hear about on the news: those are not responsible gun owners IMO. And you rarely see the large media showing stories where a responsible gun owner stopped a criminal threat or saved someone's life by using their firearm which happens quite often. Example, if a criminal came into a restaurant with the intent of harming mass people, I would hope that every person eating in that restaurant was fully armed and ready.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I feel safer knowing that a majority here carries a gun. I am more scared of drivers on the road and the damage they can do with their vehicles rather than normal gun owners. One of the foundations of this country is protecting ourselves with firearms if necessary. The shootings that you hear about on the news: those are not responsible gun owners IMO. And you rarely see the large media showing stories where a responsible gun owner stopped a criminal threat or saved someone's life by using their firearm which happens quite often. Example, if a criminal came into a restaurant with the intent of harming mass people, I would hope that every person eating in that restaurant was fully armed and ready.

Exactly!!! An armed society is a polite society. I wish California would wake the F&@k up already. I would feel way safer surrounded by Trained citizens Carrying Concealed then being surrounded by unarmed liberals who want to "talk it out" or go to their "safe place". Disarming the public is simply empowering the criminal. We should have the choice because it's our Right. Always comforting to see others choose wisely. [emoji1360]

fiend

Caught the Bug
Seems to me guns should be regulated somewhat like cars. Anyone can get one if you meet a certain age, pass a basic proficiency test, and have insurance that covers you or someone else when something bad happens.

J

JKDream

Understood - I don't really buy into the media "mass shootings" that gets portrayed here about the US particularly because the sheer size of your population. You have over ten times the amount of people there, so there's bound to be some crazy shit that happens. I guess it's a bit different for me because we don't have really rough areas around here (average apartment cost is over a million in Vancouver). I agree though if I lived there I would probably carry as well purely for the fact everyone else does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackal01

I would be weirded out walking down the street knowing people are carrying handguns all over the place. Just for reference I'm a gun owner as well.

I literally cannot fathom this. I have never been able to. Care to elaborate?

I am more frightened and worried about other drivers on the road than gun owners.

GraniteCrystal

Seems to me guns should be regulated somewhat like cars. Anyone can get one if you meet a certain age, pass a basic proficiency test, and have insurance that covers you or someone else when something bad happens.
What about those with mental illness? Have a gun? Have a car?

fiend

Caught the Bug
What about those with mental illness? Have a gun? Have a car?

They can have cars and guns but need to be forcibly moved to a deserted island where they can drive around hitting and shooting one another until there's nothing left.

Seriously though, no insurance company is going to cover some crazy dude so that'd be the gatekeeper right there.

Top Bottom