What's Your EDC

BamBamDeer

I'm a Retired Police Officer. A good response time to a call would be about 3-4 minutes. That's a long time if you are in trouble. Everyone should be able to protect themselves.

Bad Guys are going to have guns anyway. You may not see them until YOU are the Victim.

Don't be a Victim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Why fear people with guns? makes no sense to me... If shit hits the fan and you need help, you are going to call the police, right? because.... well... they HAVE GUNS!?! :thinking: the closest guy with a gun when you need help most likely, ISN'T a cop... that doesn't mean he/she isn't going to do the right thing...

Lol he says "not to start a debate" yet brings up a topic to fire people up. And now won't respond to legimate questions or concerns.

Pump the brakes.
I didn't mean to start a debate - just a legitimate question/statement.
Also I'm at work so I can't reply as frequently.
I suppose it's just different since our laws are quite strict here.
I don't know if police having a firearm versus citizens is a fair comparison, the numbers between the two are quite different.
You have how many police per town, probably thirty? Versus the thousands of random people you have never met, nor know walking around with a firearm.
I'm not arguing either side, just comparing how different it is from here.

** If you actually re-read my original posts you'll notice I never said you shouldn't be able to - just that it would freak ME out since I don't come from the culture that protection of that sort is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackal01

Pump the brakes.
I didn't mean to start a debate - just a legitimate question/statement.
Also I'm at work so I can't reply as frequently.
I suppose it's just different since our laws are quite strict here.
I don't know if police having a firearm versus citizens is a fair comparison, the numbers between the two are quite different.
You have how many police per town, probably thirty? Versus the thousands of random people you have never met, nor know walking around with a firearm.
I'm not arguing either side, just comparing how different it is from here.

At work. Fair enough.

Well it is a fair comparison as anti gunners say that the police can handle bad guys. The problem is police are reactionary. Rarely do they stop a violent crime. The good guys with guns are patently against bad guys so why can't I trust them? It is not my responsibility nor the governments to worry about the proficiency and training of gun owners. A firearm is a tool. I can rent a big ass excavator right now without anything more than a drivers license. Think of everything that can happen with that. And that's the way it should be. It is my own damn fault if I flip it and off myself. If we ask the government or any authoritative body to assess and set limits on training and other requirements what will stop them to whatever end? Chicago is the best example of this. Deadliest city yet firearms are banned. They are absolutely related.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm a Retired Police Officer. A good response time to a call would be about 3-4 minutes. That's a long time if you are in trouble. Everyone should be able to protect themselves.

Bad Guys are going to have guns anyway. You may not see them until YOU are the Victim.

Don't be a Victim.

That's what the LEO that trained me believes. He wants good guys carrying firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

At work. Fair enough.

Well it is a fair comparison as anti gunners say that the police can handle bad guys. The problem is police are reactionary. Rarely do they stop a violent crime. The good guys with guns are patently against bad guys so why can't I trust them? It is not my responsibility nor the governments to worry about the proficiency and training of gun owners. A firearm is a tool. I can rent a big ass excavator right now without anything more than a drivers license. Think of everything that can happen with that. And that's the way it should be. It is my own damn fault if I flip it and off myself. If we ask the government or any authoritative body to assess and set limits on training and other requirements what will stop them to whatever end? Chicago is the best example of this. Deadliest city yet firearms are banned. They are absolutely related.

Having poor experiences with police myself I understand what you are getting at.
I mean here even with the "restricted" courses and whatnot - beyond a simple test and background check it's really not that hard to get a hold of a firearm.
Obviously you can't open carry without the risk of jail-time - but assuming you are a criminal that is probably of least concern.
I suppose that leaves you as a citizen vulnerable in a sense.

just that it would freak ME out since I don't come from the culture that protection of that sort is needed.
I think this is one of the key take aways though, I don't recall a time where I've ever felt threatened for my safety in this particular city or needed a form of protection.

Ddays

Hooked
If I'm driving most of the day, EDC is the Wiley Clapp .45 on left. Out and about its the S&W 6904 9mm on left. Buddy of mine hand made the holster for it and it is perfect.
Can't leave home without a pocket knife either. Got hooked on Case Russlock pocket knives years ago. I have a shitload of them. Easy open with one hand. USB drive - vital log-in info
and pricing sheets coupled with cell phone acting as hot spot allows me to work basically anywhere I have cell service. And toothpicks. Always wondered why my dad always had toothpicks. As you
get older you get it. Damn teeth move all over the friggin place. :grayno:

EDC.jpg

Jackal01

Having poor experiences with police myself I understand what you are getting at.
I mean here even with the "restricted" courses and whatnot - beyond a simple test and background check it's really not that hard to get a hold of a firearm.
Obviously you can't open carry without the risk of jail-time - but assuming you are a criminal that is probably of least concern.
I suppose that leaves you as a citizen vulnerable in a sense.

I think this is one of the key take aways though, I don't recall a time where I've ever felt threatened for my safety in this particular city or needed a form of protection.

I don't open carry. Just not my thing as I believe it makes me a target. Concealed nobody knows as I don't even dress "tactically" like many concealed carriers do. I am prepared not fearful like he said. Same reason I have a fire extinguisher. It might be cliche but it is true.

There may or may not be a time when you will need a firearm of your own or the protection of someone else. You are probably lucky to not live in a relatively dangerous area but it is wise to be prepared. I am grateful to be able to carry at work so it isn't often that I don't have mine on my person.

J

JKDream

I don't open carry. Just not my thing as I believe it makes me a target. Concealed nobody knows as I don't even dress "tactically" like many concealed carriers do. I am prepared not fearful like he said. Same reason I have a fire extinguisher. It might be cliche but it is true.

There may or may not be a time when you will need a firearm of your own or the protection of someone else. You are probably lucky to not live in a relatively dangerous area but it is wise to be prepared. I am grateful to be able to carry at work so it isn't often that I don't have mine on my person.

Understood. Like I said I'm not trying to debate if you should or shouldn't be able - just that it's such a different concept from here and something I'm not accustomed to even as a handgun owner.
Not to entirely derail the thread - let's see some more photos :)

WJCO

Meme King

Don't be a Victim.

Well said. Reminds me of this :

53ab669ea74919c26889bcc23984057c.jpg

notnalc68

Agreed, brother. I hope I never need to use it.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'll just leave this here.

BRCC Law Abiding Criminals

So much truth in our thought process.

BTW I've been eyeballing the Springfield XD 40 for some time just waiting for the time to pull the trigger on it..;). Yes I know it would be illegal to carry this way, but while out and about on my own in the desert I'd carry loaded in a conceal carry drawer under the driver's seat. Only 3 types of people go into the desert: recreators, people up to no good, and lost foreigners.

Jackal01

I'll just leave this here.

BRCC Law Abiding Criminals

So much truth in our thought process.

BTW I've been eyeballing the Springfield XD 40 for some time just waiting for the time to pull the trigger on it..;). Yes I know it would be illegal to carry this way, but while out and about on my own in the desert I'd carry loaded in a conceal carry drawer under the driver's seat. Only 3 types of people go into the desert: recreators, people up to no good, and lost foreigners.
What makes that illegal?

jesse3638

Hooked
California

^^^This^^^ Even with a CCW it must be carried on the person not in a glove box etc. If carrying in a vehicle it must be unloaded with the ammunition carried loose locked in a different part of the vehicle ie...gun and empty mag in the trunk ammo in a locked in the glove box. So when I'm accosted I have to ask the person to wait while I unlock all of my stuff load up and take my position...:crazyeyes:. Not to mention if its an AR I must have the screw type mag lock..haha

notnalc68

^^^This^^^ Even with a CCW it must be carried on the person not in a glove box etc. If carrying in a vehicle it must be unloaded with the ammunition carried loose locked in a different part of the vehicle ie...gun and empty mag in the trunk ammo in a locked in the glove box. So when I'm accosted I have to ask the person to wait while I unlock all of my stuff load up and take my position...:crazyeyes:. Not to mention if its an AR I must have the screw type mag lock..haha

More appropriately, the people in 2 or 3 large cities in California, ruling the rest of the good people in the state.

WJCO

Meme King
Agreed, brother. I hope I never need to use it.

Dead serious, this is exactly why I carry those zip ties. They're way lighter than cuffs. I would much rather restrain someone until the police come. No need to use deadly force unless it's the only option during defense.

Top Bottom