What's Your EDC

Jsouder53

Hooked
WJCO is right on. The best side arm to carry is the one you actually will. If it’s to bulky or two heavy, you’ll carry it a couple times, but once it becomes a chore, you stop.

To add to his point, once you have found a carry gun you like, the most important thing is to be trained how to use it and I don’t mean a CPL class. I am trained one weekend a year every year by a top notch firearms training group here in Michigan. It’s critical to know how to draw a firearm and shot in a difficult situation before you ever get there. I’m sure theres a training outfit near you. I was supposed to be there in three weeks. It doesn’t look good this year.

For me, I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm shield in a crown IWB jewel holster everyday. It’s small enough that I can hide it and can drive all day with it on and it doesn’t dig in. I prefer the 4 o’clock position from a comfort and draw stroke location. The appendix carry is better from inside a vehicle, but I can’t get over a muzzle pointing at my junk all day.

It really is an important skill to know and a tool to have in a bad situation. But I can’t stress it enough that the most important part of carrying is knowledge.

Hope this helps!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That’s a good point, I’ll have to see if they have a class like this. I definitely plan to get comfortable with which ever gun I choose before I even carry.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah most guys I know swap in the Apex trigger, which imo is much better. But if its his first carry and first training firearm im guessing he wants something he doesnt have to customize right away. Its just one of those triggers, some people love it, I'm on the other side. The other thing I dont think anyones mentioned yet is a good belt, I'd suggest getting one of the "ratcheting" style and not one with holes.

For sure. To my wife’s dismay, I only wear my Ares Gear Aegis belts. I love them! 1.25” wide so the holster sits tight and square on my hip.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sig fanboy here and I have no issues admitting it. I’ve never liked the way Glocks felt. It’s all about what feels right...don’t get caught up in the rest of the B.S.

I presently have my eye on a Marlin .45-70. Just need to figure out how to carry it concealed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sig fanboy here and I have no issues admitting it. I’ve never liked the way Glocks felt. It’s all about what feels right...don’t get caught up in the rest of the B.S.

I presently have my eye on a Marlin .45-70. Just need to figure out how to carry it concealed.

In a saddle holster on a horse while wearing a cowboy hat.

They are beautiful fire arms though.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Bierpower

Hooked

Notch the sound bar in the Jeep and keep it over head.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
In a matching sting grey JT on 40’s while wearing a cowboy hat.

They are beautiful fire arms though.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Fixed it for you.

Big plus...you can always find ammo and it can stop any predator and most vehicles.

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
M&Ps performance center shield have a decent trigger. Much better than the stock version. If you want it better than that, a good gunsmith can jewel the trigger and make it smooth as butter.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I love my M&P but the trigger does leave a lot to be desired. As Snowboarder mentioned, I put the Apex trigger kit in and it’s so much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Ive been carrying the Glock 22 for about ten years, Springfield XD 45 for five years before that. I bought a used Ruger LC9 (hammer version) and absolutely hate it...

I'm sure sick of the large frame guns for CCW. I really want to try the Glock 19X, several guys at work are carrying them and they all seem to really like the size.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Ive been carrying the Glock 22 for about ten years, Springfield XD 45 for five years before that. I bought a used Ruger LC9 (hammer version) and absolutely hate it...

I'm sure sick of the large frame guns for CCW. I really want to try the Glock 19X, several guys at work are carrying them and they all seem to really like the size.

Where you at in CA? Are you LEO?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Bump.

Looking at a Glock 19 gen 5. Once things open back up after the Coronavirus calm down, I’ll be taking my concealed carry class then testing a few guns out at the local shooting range. What suggestions do you have for me to test out?

(Only my opinion) Glock, S&W, Sig, HK, Springfield & Kahr are all great choices for Concealment and to try out at the range. 9mm would be the round I'd be lookin at. You will know when it feels right in your hand. Personally .. I like Glock because of the Low Bore axis and would get a Kahr for the same reason. Glock G19, G26, G43(x) or Kahr CW9, PM9 would be my top choices.

CalSgt

Hooked
Gotcha. I only ask cuz I’m in the Bay Area and of course for my CCW denied. I’m assuming up where you’re at it’s probably shall issue anyways.

It is a shall issue county so the LE only helps with not needing a CCW class certificate also getting guns not on the California list, and normal capacity magazines.

Top Bottom