What's Your EDC

gyoja75

It just becomes a routine. I really don't even notice it everyday. That's why ounces matter when you carry everyday. I have some friends that carry 1911's and when I say, "you have it on your person," the response is normally, "I left it at home or it's in the car." well, I can damn sure tell you that won't help you or your family if you really need it. Ounces matter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I carried my 1911 every day (in Texas) until I was no longer allowed to carry a firearm. I just dressed to the weapon. I hardly even notice the extra weight anymore, and I'm not a big guy.

"Sua Sponte"

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
N82 Tactical. And it is very comfortable. It gets worn very long every day

You are correct. That is the most comfortable inside the pants holster I have tried.

IMG_0286.jpg

There's mine. The handgun depends on the clothing I'm wearing. I tend to carry the Glock more in the winter. The M&P Shield gets carried more than any. I also have a Ruger LCP, to pocket carry, when the others aren't easily concealed.

I also carry keys, and an iPhone.

JK-JOHN-E

You are correct. That is the most comfortable inside the pants holster I have tried.

View attachment 277477

There's mine. The handgun depends on the clothing I'm wearing. I tend to carry the Glock more in the winter. The M&P Shield gets carried more than any. I also have a Ruger LCP, to pocket carry, when the others aren't easily concealed.

I also carry keys, and an iPhone.

Yuuup. I couldn't believe how comfortable when I got my first one. Nice thing is the Original works for both the shield and your glock...good choice

Jsouder53

Hooked
Bump.

Looking at a Glock 19 gen 5. Once things open back up after the Coronavirus calm down, I’ll be taking my concealed carry class then testing a few guns out at the local shooting range. What suggestions do you have for me to test out?

WJCO

Meme King
Bump.

Looking at a Glock 19 gen 5. Once things open back up after the Coronavirus calm down, I’ll be taking my concealed carry class then testing a few guns out at the local shooting range. What suggestions do you have for me to test out?

Have you carried before?

I carry nearly every time I go out and I've tried several different firearms over the last decade or so. I've found if it's not comfortable, I'm less likely to carry it. The gun and the holster determine that. If you haven't carried before and you're really planning on carrying, make sure it's something that feels comfortable depending on what you wear. Hopefully your range has a sales area too where you can try stuff out. An IWB style holster with a 380 or a 9 can be pretty comfortable if it's the right combo.

https://acecase.com/ makes some good, thin, affordable holsters that you can hardly tell are there.

Out of all the combos I've carried, I finally settled on a 22 magnum NAA pocket revolver. It's hardly even noticeable that it's there.

Photo-J.jpg

Bump.

Glocks are overrated, but if it fits your hands and you like it go for it, they're reliable. Try out Sig, hk, the XD is very similar to the glock, the m&p series is also very similar with a more ergonomic grip- but I absolutely hate their trigger feel. I don't think its against rules to send you to a youtube channel that is non jeep related and not mine, user name hickok45 reviews and actually fires the weapons instead of just unboxing them like every other channel. Plenty of good info out there. Spend money on your holster, cheap ones get uncomfortable.

wjtstudios

Hooked
WJCO is right on. The best side arm to carry is the one you actually will. If it’s to bulky or two heavy, you’ll carry it a couple times, but once it becomes a chore, you stop.

To add to his point, once you have found a carry gun you like, the most important thing is to be trained how to use it and I don’t mean a CPL class. I am trained one weekend a year every year by a top notch firearms training group here in Michigan. It’s critical to know how to draw a firearm and shot in a difficult situation before you ever get there. I’m sure theres a training outfit near you. I was supposed to be there in three weeks. It doesn’t look good this year.

For me, I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm shield in a crown IWB jewel holster everyday. It’s small enough that I can hide it and can drive all day with it on and it doesn’t dig in. I prefer the 4 o’clock position from a comfort and draw stroke location. The appendix carry is better from inside a vehicle, but I can’t get over a muzzle pointing at my junk all day.

It really is an important skill to know and a tool to have in a bad situation. But I can’t stress it enough that the most important part of carrying is knowledge.

Hope this helps!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Glocks are overrated, but if it fits your hands and you like it go for it, they're reliable. Try out Sig, hk, the XD is very similar to the glock, the m&p series is also very similar with a more ergonomic grip- but I absolutely hate their trigger feel. I don't think its against rules to send you to a youtube channel that is non jeep related and not mine, user name hickok45 reviews and actually fires the weapons instead of just unboxing them like every other channel. Plenty of good info out there. Spend money on your holster, cheap ones get uncomfortable.

M&Ps performance center shield have a decent trigger. Much better than the stock version. If you want it better than that, a good gunsmith can jewel the trigger and make it smooth as butter.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked
Have you carried before?

I carry nearly every time I go out and I've tried several different firearms over the last decade or so. I've found if it's not comfortable, I'm less likely to carry it. The gun and the holster determine that. If you haven't carried before and you're really planning on carrying, make sure it's something that feels comfortable depending on what you wear. Hopefully your range has a sales area too where you can try stuff out. An IWB style holster with a 380 or a 9 can be pretty comfortable if it's the right combo.

https://acecase.com/ makes some good, thin, affordable holsters that you can hardly tell are there.

Out of all the combos I've carried, I finally settled on a 22 magnum NAA pocket revolver. It's hardly even noticeable that it's there.

View attachment 344850

I have never carried before, I’ll most likely not carry a lot but keeping it at home or in my Jeep (near me).

The range down the road from my house does have a sales area and you can rent 3 guns an hour for $15.

Do you like hammer or striker?

I like strikers

Just shoot a bunch and let the gun choose you.

Kahr CW 9 in a crossbreed holster has been a daily driver for me for about 10 years.

I’ll check that one for sure [emoji106]

I appreciate it [emoji106] I’ll watch a few of those videos

M&Ps performance center shield have a decent trigger. Much better than the stock version. If you want it better than that, a good gunsmith can jewel the trigger and make it smooth as butter.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah most guys I know swap in the Apex trigger, which imo is much better. But if its his first carry and first training firearm im guessing he wants something he doesnt have to customize right away. Its just one of those triggers, some people love it, I'm on the other side. The other thing I dont think anyones mentioned yet is a good belt, I'd suggest getting one of the "ratcheting" style and not one with holes.

Top Bottom