What was done to your rig this week?

GCM 2

UAE? Mall?

Negatron there good buddy. Surprisingly much closer to the front lines of Islamic terrorism. Don't let the tacky lights and gold decor make you think this is a 5 star hotel in Dubai. This place is turd covered in icing. Looks good, until scrape the surface.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Negatron there good buddy. Surprisingly much closer to the front lines of Islamic terrorism. Don't let the tacky lights and gold decor make you think this is a 5 star hotel in Dubai. This place is turd covered in icing. Looks good, until scrape the surface.

You make it sounds so delicious.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Looks nicer than that picture you posted of the guy cooking food in the streets lol.

JAGS

Hooked

Careful. The guy in the suit at the table to your right looks a little sketchy. Don't let the lady holding a baby at 12 o'clock fool you either. [emoji6]

boardsurfer

Don't let your dog chew on it !

No chewing, just a posed picture. :) I was respooling after a side pull on Saturday left all my cable on one side. I'm glad I did too because the first turn embedded the line between two others and I couldn't pull it out. Had to get the girlfriends jeep to pull it loose! Had I not noticed I would have been about 30 feet short next time I needed it.

Jk909

No chewing, just a posed picture. :) I was respooling after a side pull on Saturday left all my cable on one side. I'm glad I did too because the first turn embedded the line between two others and I couldn't pull it out. Had to get the girlfriends jeep to pull it loose! Had I not noticed I would have been about 30 feet short next time I needed it.

Good thing you checked

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
What's the best lift for 35s? Also I have a lot of sway while driving down the freeway what's the best solution for a solid steady ride?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have a new fox stabilizer ball joints are good tires balanced new breaks and i had an alignment but it still seems to be very playful I used to have death wobble but that went away when I balanced the tires .. Any thoughts?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
And I'm wanting to run 35s as soon as my 33s ware out. I have cut fenders but I don't want to be to high just enough so I won't High center and if in the Future I might go up to 37s. I was looking at the rubicon express 3.5 in lift is that good quality? That's the highest I will push going and it might be to high now that I cut my fenders but any suggestions?

SevenSlotSpartan

And I'm wanting to run 35s as soon as my 33s ware out. I have cut fenders but I don't want to be to high just enough so I won't High center and if in the Future I might go up to 37s. I was looking at the rubicon express 3.5 in lift is that good quality? That's the highest I will push going and it might be to high now that I cut my fenders but any suggestions?

Hey Coriej! I'm in the same boat as you! Currently I'm running 33s on a Rock Krawler 2.5" Flex system and I'm planning on upgrading my drivetrain to handle 37s when the 33s wear out! But as far as lift kit advice, on here, as I'm sure you know, EVO is huge and I have only heard great things about their plush ride systems so I would give them a look as well.

From my own experience, I love my RK 2.5" because it actually netted about 3.25" of lift which is plenty to run 37s with flats (with some trimming and control arm adjustment of course)... also it rides great with the fox shocks! In regards to the RE lift I don't personally know anyone who's using it, but I have read good things on other forums about those lifts, the only thing is, I see a lot of people switch from RE lifts to something that offers a little more like the EVO or RK systems.

Good luck on choosing your lift and I hope I offered a little insight! I know it can be a real chore deciding what you think is best.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Ok thank you very much. I was looking at the RK 2.5 lift as well did you have to purchase any other components with the lift or does it come with mostly everything I need? And how does it ride on the highway?

SevenSlotSpartan

Ok thank you very much. I was looking at the RK 2.5 lift as well did you have to purchase any other components with the lift or does it come with mostly everything I need? And how does it ride on the highway?

Yeah man no problem! Okay well I have the 2.5" mid arm flex system. With that you get the front lower control arms, front and rear springs, adjustable front track bar, sway bar disconnects, and a rear track bar bracket to place the rear track bar into the correct position. Now I chose not to run the RK shocks to save on some cash and I'm very please with the Fox shocks I'm running now. In the link below you can see the various kit options and what each one has to offer. Now in my opinion I would recommend going with a long arm kit because if you plan on doing further suspension upgrades, like coilovers or even a stretch, the extra length in the control arms is nice to have. Also purchasing some rear breaklines is also advised considering the kit only comes with the front pair. Look around on the RK site to see if something different catches your eye and also be aware that their kits might run a little taller than advertised but considering you have a 4 door I think you might be safe from netting extra ride height.

Sorry for ranting a bit but to answer your question in short, yes it comes with everything you need. The rear breaklines aren't necessary but they are advised because busting one of those out on a trail would not be a fun situation.

And as far as highway driving is concerned I think it rides better that stock. Not a lot of side to side play other than the typical JK nimbleness.

Top Bottom