What was done to your rig this week?

JKJody

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399010776.417662.jpg
Got the new firestik mounted, grounded and wired up. Threw a spring under it too for good measure. Gets good reception up in the mast.

Napalm90

I installed an spod I bought last march that I completely forgot about and found in an box in my extra bedroom. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399048584.596933.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399048729.318046.jpg

Sent via carrier pigeon

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Are you reading this thread from the beginning and commenting on everything? That post is over a year old.

not all of them. but i have read a good amount of the old ones. i am a newbie and i find all this very interesting and trying to get ideas from what people have done.

Napalm90

Lol how do you forget that you spent $400+ on something?! :p I was super amped about getting mine :) Just hasstling you a little man.

Not the first time I done it also haha. Probably didn't beef to install it at the time because it was only month after I bought the jeep and nothing to use it with and as of now I only have a air compressor that I rigged up to it. Soon front arb locker also.

Sent via carrier pigeon

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Yeah, the fog lights are the final halogen frontier. I haven't done it yet because I kinda love the look of the yellow halogen bulbs against all the bright white LED lighting. My OCD will eventually get the best of me and force me to install LED's down there to complete the package!

Thanks a lot! :thumb:

Gotta love silver!

At first i wasn't sure about my silver rig. but now i love it and wouldn't have any other color!

JKbrick

not all of them. but i have read a good amount of the old ones. i am a newbie and i find all this very interesting and trying to get ideas from what people have done.

That's a lot of reading! But a lot of good things to look at also. Now you have all kinds of ideas how to spend your $

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I recently broke down and converted all my lighting from halogen to LED. I'll just say this, if you're into upgraded lighting and have only experienced halogens, you don't know what you're missing. Aside from the fact that I own flashlights capable of producing higher light output than the factory JK headlights, I was simply sick of seeing everything in the yellow tint that halogens produce.

I ended up installing the highly recommended Truck-Lite (Gen. 2) headlights in place of the factory halogen headlights. I also installed 2 - 20" LED Light Bars that I found on Ebay for a little over $100.00 each in place of 4 - KC Apollo Pro off-road lights. Finally, not wanting to show preferential treatment to the front of my rig, I installed Recon smoked LED tail lights in place of my factory tail lights.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the results! It is night and day, literally. :2thumbsup:

Truck-Lites, Dually's, & LED Bars:
View attachment 72437
View attachment 72438

Recon LED Tail Lights:
View attachment 72439
View attachment 72440

Light Output:
View attachment 72441

Looks awesome!
I got that same bumper set up, just missing a winch.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
My weekend of mods came to a close with the following mods done:
Barricade 9500lb Winch installed
Bumper top side mounted Hex Pods installed
Rock lights FINALLY installed and working though I need to reconsider how I'm gonna keep them mounted. Currently just zip tied cause my self tapping screws suck ass -_-

PICS!
View attachment 72854
View attachment 72855
View attachment 72856
View attachment 72857
View attachment 72858

Looks good!
How do you like Barricade Winch?

Top Bottom