What was done to your rig this week?

Started work on the taillightsIMG_7145.jpeg
Need to open up the pilot hole for the backup light, then prep it for powder coating. I’ve got a friend that can do that for me.

I got 6 amp resistors that are supposed to eliminate error codes. However, the computer thinks the blinker lights are out. I’ve got the resistor wired in the positive blinker wire.

ETA- Anyone have an idea why the resistor isn't working? Is it wired in wrong?

Last edited:
Started work on the taillightsView attachment 395558
Need to open up the pilot hole for the backup light, then prep it for powder coating. I’ve got a friend that can do that for me.

I got 6 amp resistors that are supposed to eliminate error codes. However, the computer thinks the blinker lights are out. I’ve got the resistor wired in the positive blinker wire.

ETA- Anyone have an idea why the resistor isn't working? Is it wired in wrong?
The resistor is wired from the positive signal to the ground? If you just put a resistor in line it's not going to fool the computer. You need to jump from the turn signal to the ground to add load to the system. If it's just in line on the signal wire your LED doesn't pull enough power for the resistor to have an effect.

This has been working for me for several years now. Just make sure the resistors are mounted on a heat sink. If they hang they will melt anything they touch within a day or two.
IMG_20180823_212408.jpg

The resistor is wired from the positive signal to the ground? If you just put a resistor in line it's not going to fool the computer. You need to jump from the turn signal to the ground to add load to the system. If it's just in line on the signal wire your LED doesn't pull enough power for the resistor to have an effect.
This has been working for me for several years now. Just make sure the resistors are mounted on a heat sink. If they hang they will melt anything they touch within a day or two.
View attachment 395612
Thanks. Your advice did the trick!

My wife (aka Bunny's mom...the Jeep is named Bunny) noticed a few rock chips in the paint and those were obviously caused by the wide tires sticking out, so we ordered the Mopar Xtreme Recon flare extensions and I installed those a couple hours ago. They fit perfect, look great and was extremely easy to install. Hopefully, fewer paint chips now.

Attachments

• extensions.jpg
    extensions.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ext 2.jpg
    ext 2.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 13
  • extensions.jpg
    extensions.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 13
I got the new 40s on, changed out my front grill, & took some photos next to the twin prop. Haven't done much else to her lately.

Attachments

• 20221111_135832.jpg
    20221111_135832.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230610_194033.jpg
    20230610_194033.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230610_194020.jpg
    20230610_194020.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 31
Finished wiring up the LED tailights and installing the Motobilt taillight plates. The plates have been rattlecanned to keep them from rusting until I can get them and the grabhandles powder coated
Be careful. I got in trouble for posting a youtube link

Top Bottom