What was done to your rig this week?

B Nelson

Friday morning, I removed the muffler from Bunny (2021 JLUR V-6, 8 speed) and replaced it with an AEF muffler delete pipe. I then hooked up our travel trailer and drove approx 45 miles through the hills and hollers and arrived at Hermitage State Park. The pipe produces a slight ricey tone when pulling (3K RPM and above), but a nice throaty rumble when idling and/or putting around, cruising, etc. Now, my wife bitched about 44 miles of our trip on the way to the lake, but didn't say much about it on the way back. I think it's growing on her. I'm not a 100% in love with the sound, but I like it enough, I won't change it for myself.....We'll see what the boss says after a couple of weeks.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Gonna need new tires soon. 35,000 miles on a set of BFG 315-70-R17 KM3s since May 2022. I figure there’s 10k of good tread left. If I get new tires from @Discount Tire before the end of August, they’re 10% off. Maybe I can sell the old tires to someone needing a set of budget MTs to offset the cost of new rubber further.

I was gonna post “talk me outta 37s” but that would only waste everyone’s time. My resolve to stay with 35s has crumbled.

Discount Tire

Gonna need new tires soon. 35,000 miles on a set of BFG 315-70-R17 KM3s since May 2022. I figure there’s 10k of good tread left. If I get new tires from @Discount Tire before the end of August, they’re 10% off. Maybe I can sell the old tires to someone needing a set of budget MTs to offset the cost of new rubber further.

I was gonna post “talk me outta 37s” but that would only waste everyone’s time. My resolve to stay with 35s has crumbled.

We are here to help when you are ready to go. Hope you don't mind me sending a DM.

Replaced the 37” trail grapplers with 38” ridge grapplers and of course they only ordered 4 even though I stressed 5 lol. I pickup the spare tomorrow but kinda diggin the no spare look. Also installed a synergy SS relocation kit and rear AAL fender liners since they didn’t ship enough hardware for the front IMG_8790.jpeg IMG_8791.jpeg IMG_8748.jpeg IMG_8769.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the 37” trail grapplers with 38” ridge grapplers and of course they only ordered 4 even though I stressed 5 lol. I pickup the spare tomorrow but kinda diggin the no spare look. Also installed a synergy SS relocation kit and rear AAL fender liners since they didn’t ship enough hardware for the front View attachment 393844 View attachment 393845 View attachment 393846 View attachment 393847
It must be nice to have reserved parking! 6' 5"? WTF!

WJCO

Meme King

Andy5160

Hooked
Maintenance time
1.air filters
2.diff oil amazing how clean the front is on the JL
3.center the front axle
4.center the steering wheel
5.tomorrow I have to check rear control arms as I think some JJ might need rebuild or replacement
6. Change the aux battery what a pain. Thanks Eddie for the video.

Attachments

• IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 9

Andy5160

Hooked
Maintenance time
1.air filters
2.diff oil amazing how clean the front is on the JL
3.center the front axle
4.center the steering wheel
5.tomorrow I have to check rear control arms as I think some JJ might need rebuild or replacement
6. Change the aux battery what a pain. Thanks Eddie for the video.
Worked on the joints today. Don’t really have the right tools so it was absolute nightmare. My vise broke so it made it even worse. In addition new JJ I ordered were wrong so I just did half of the job.

Attachments

• IMG_3841.jpeg
    IMG_3841.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 15

GP NOIR

Hooked

@Discount Tire installed a set of five BFG KM3s on my Rubicon on Friday and I broke them in on Poison Spider Trail Saturday. I talked up getting 37s and even went to the store to check on availability. The new tire carrier will easily handle the weight of the larger tires and I was ready to trim the fender wells for clearance, if needed. But when it came down to pulling the trigger, the 37s are about $600 more. Being a cheap bastard, I got another set of 315/70R17s instead. I'm just gonna have to live with the ignominy of tiny tires until I can set aside enough money for the 37s.

jeeeep

Hooked
@Discount Tire installed a set of five BFG KM3s on my Rubicon on Friday and I broke them in on Poison Spider Trail Saturday. I talked up getting 37s and even went to the store to check on availability. The new tire carrier will easily handle the weight of the larger tires and I was ready to trim the fender wells for clearance, if needed. But when it came down to pulling the trigger, the 37s are about $600 more. Being a cheap bastard, I got another set of 315/70R17s instead. I'm just gonna have to live with the ignominy of tiny tires until I can set aside enough money for the 37s.
I liked how the 315/70/17 performed on my JKUR, currently have Cooper STT Pro 37x13.50 on it but they're coming off and replacing with BFG 315's.

Ddays

Hooked
Worked on the joints today. Don’t really have the right tools so it was absolute nightmare. My vise broke so it made it even worse. In addition new JJ I ordered were wrong so I just did half of the job.
WTF? Those JJ's are worn out already? How many miles on those arms?

Andy5160

Hooked
WTF? Those JJ's are worn out already? How many miles on those arms?
53 k miles
They are not worn out from the movement/play prospective.
They just ceased and polyurethane or whatever the bushings are made off make terrible noise during minor articulation. I been greasing them regularly but after rebuilding them in my opinion the way they designed the amount of grease they can take is very little. I think it has to do with out rust belt area as well. The joint/ball itself looked like I never maintained it. Just rust and rust buildup. The joint ball has a hole which lines up with the zerk and it was just blocked. I had to drill it out to clear it l.I replaced the zerks during prior maintenance but still they barely takes any grease in.
Basically I’m my case I have to take them all apart grease them up put back together and do the same when time comes or just go with Synergy arms as I think their bushings might be a better option for our area.

Ddays

Hooked
53 k miles
They are not worn out from the movement/play prospective.
They just ceased and polyurethane or whatever the bushings are made off make terrible noise during minor articulation. I been greasing them regularly but after rebuilding them in my opinion the way they designed the amount of grease they can take is very little. I think it has to do with out rust belt area as well. The joint/ball itself looked like I never maintained it. Just rust and rust buildup. The joint ball has a hole which lines up with the zerk and it was just blocked. I had to drill it out to clear it l.I replaced the zerks during prior maintenance but still they barely takes any grease in.
Basically I’m my case I have to take them all apart grease them up put back together and do the same when time comes or just go with Synergy arms as I think their bushings might be a better option for our area.
Well, that makes sense. It's been 2 years, right? Trying to get any grease in those JJ's is damn near impossible.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I got my EVO upper front and lower rear control arms on and replaced the factory passenger front coil spring lower isolator. Also pretty much got the castor dialed in. Now that front coil spring sits nice and straight.

Discount Tire

Thank you for your business @GP NOIR!

Top Bottom