What was done to your rig this week?

Wanted to toe in a little.
IMG_9984.jpg
Ripped through jack handle extension

IMG_9985.jpg
Lifted Jeep off ground

F it, who needs to drive straight anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
With as stuck as those things were I’m pretty sure a bigger wrench would’ve just ripped the ends apart. Now I’m looking at steering options to ditch the y link permanently.

Yup, that’s probably a better direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yup, that’s probably a better direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Just debating what can actually handle winter here. A lot of guys swear by heims, some say no maintenance needed, others are spraying them once a week in the winter with wd40 to stop the rust. Just too many options and I haven’t researched enough yet, also the TJ parts market is getting smaller and more pricey.

FFPulley77

Hooked
That is great! How did you secure the hanger wire and also how do you keep it in the close position?

Thanks! I got the idea from a video on YouTube. Other than the magnet, I made it out of stuff I had laying around the garage.
I drilled a hole through the plastic trim piece and then through the board, tied a knot and burnt the ends to secure the rope. I also screwed a large cup magnet on the left end of the board so it sticks to the metal on the tailgate when closed.

And how do you keep it from pulling the plastic panel off if any weight is applied?

That’s one of the things I’ve got to work out. It tries to pull the tab out if there’s anything more than that jetboil on the right side. I’m thinking of ways to overcome that, or relocate it altogether.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Just debating what can actually handle winter here. A lot of guys swear by heims, some say no maintenance needed, others are spraying them once a week in the winter with wd40 to stop the rust. Just too many options and I haven’t researched enough yet, also the TJ parts market is getting smaller and more pricey.

Can the knuckles from a JK fit on there? Or maybe Reid or Rancho

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedPool

Mopar Lift

Installed the Mopar 2 inch and a set of 37s. Need an adjustable front track bar and will eventually roll the rear end back into place. Rides well enough for me and being in Florida, I don't need much more for our offroad uses.

IMG_7239.JPG

Can the knuckles from a JK fit on there? Or maybe Reid or Rancho

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m guessing not, most of the parts are very different but I have no proof to say no it absolutely won’t work. Just spitballing but I’m guessing the C’s are too different between the generations as well as just generally the size of them and 15” wheels. Would be different bearings as well as bolt pattern and likely shafts. Google said they’ll bolt up but will be cambered. Still wouldn’t be able to use bolt on jk stuff as the width would be different as well.

Top Bottom