What was done to your rig this week?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sucks that your having so much trouble with your new to you Jeep. Its a bad ass ride tho so i bet its worth the trouble.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m thinking it is a wheel speed sensor. I’ve known one is maybe on the way out for a while and got a code today that said as much. Should hopefully be an easy fix.

Funny story, it stopped shifting while on the freeway going like 75 so I shifted to neutral let the RPM’s drop and the. Shifted back to drive, the RPM’s redlined and the rear tires locked up. Lol it went back to first. Whoops. All good though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
I bet that woke the pup up lol
I’m thinking it is a wheel speed sensor. I’ve known one is maybe on the way out for a while and got a code today that said as much. Should hopefully be an easy fix.

Funny thing it is stopped shifting while on the freeway going like 75 so I shifted to neutral let the RPM’s drop and the. Shifted back to drive, the RPM’s redlined and the rear tires locked up. Lol it went back to first. Whoops. All good though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked

Funny story, it stopped shifting while on the freeway going like 75 so I shifted to neutral let the RPM’s drop and the. Shifted back to drive, the RPM’s redlined and the rear tires locked up. Lol it went back to first. Whoops. All good though.

Hopefully a speed sensor is all that is, that’ll definitely wake you up though

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

benatc1

Hooked

Glad you guys made it back though, hopefully an easy fix like you think

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
After thinking both my rear SF 60 shafts had bent flanges and squeaked their way thru the entire Drummond run, i figures out the hard way, I think, that the flanges were fine and my rotors were seriously out of round. I swapped my spare set of shafts in right when we got back from Drummond, regreased everything, and with in a week of the new shafts on the Jeep the squeaks were back. That got me thinking, and pulled the rotors and took them in and had them resurfaced. The guy at the brake shop was surprised that I wasn’t feeling any vibrations during braking, but I never had. 55k on the rotors. Fingers crossed this solves the problem and that my original Yukon shafts really aren’t bent.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
IMG_6382.jpg
Smashed my driveshaft on rock. Carried to local driveshaft and got it retubed and balanced. Smooth as glass. IMG_6427.jpg

IMG_6376.jpg
Also crunched my corner on rock. Time for some armor.
Lesson of week ( Don’t trust random people to spot you. )

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Well that sucks, which corner armor are you thinking?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Probably Evo. Wish it was powder coated. Still kinda looking. Hell everything is mismatched on mine anyway.
Crawler Concept Stinger
Rusty’s rocker skins
Poison Spider Sliders
Evo Tire Carrier.
I’m bad to drink and shop online. [emoji41]

Rusty’s doesn’t make corner armor for a Jk I don’t think.
Was kinda looking at something already powder coated.
I’m open to recommendations.

Good2Go

40787024-9707-4987-9761-5588629A45CC.jpg

ARB sent me a replacement motor for my twin cylinder compressor. It was an easier fix than I thought it would be.

:yup:

morricus

Just installed a Synergy Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit. Used the video on Synergys website of Eddie installing as a guide, was very easy. I should have done this long ago. I didn't realize how very exposed this thing was until I can see it relocated now, out of the way. I don't understand why Jeep doesn't relocate it up out of the way from the factory. Whatever, $80 well spent in my opinion. Sorry this pic is sideways, the attachment process of this forum is goofy to me, still learning it.
MVIMG_20190827_153056(1).jpg

Top Bottom