What was done to your rig this week?

Omnifox

Spending the weekend going 20 mile trips back and forth breaking in the gears.

Wonderfully clear weekend, perfect wheeling weekend, and I can't play the reindeer games.

Brutal.

World Traveler 76

Installed the Brawlee led light bar for the JK. Rediculous amount of light output. Wired to the back of the 12v source so I don’t have to worry about it timing out if opened for a long period. Really dig it.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

"RUGER"
2016 Rubicon - Hard Rock

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Started the Head Gasket repair process. Removing the valve cover was super simple

IMG_7221.jpg

Removing the head was just as easy. Only one bolt gave me any trouble but it was nothing PB Blaster and a light touch of an impact wrench couldn’t fix

IMG_7226.jpg

Got quite a bit of corrosion in the cooling channels. I’m going to have to flush it a few times once it’s all put back together.

IMG_7230.jpg

All in all it seems like it’s in pretty good shape

IMG_7227.jpg

Dropped the head off at a local machinist that was highly recommended and hoping to have it back this week.

Interesting this tho, when I drained the oil it all came out black. I was expecting it to be contaminated with water but it actually looked good other than being way past due for an oil change. The head gasket looked good as well and I really didn’t see any signs of it being blown.

I’ve come to the realization that so far the only place the oil is milky is in the dip stick. I’m going to drop the oil pan tonight to have a look but has anyone else seen this before? If it wasn’t for the dip stick being milky you wouldn’t think anything was wrong with it. I’m worried the problem may be in the block.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

I did a compression test and all 4 cylinders were at 110 psi which I believe is on the low end of the acceptable range. They were literally all exactly the same which was great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So what's the back story? Was it running poorly? Using coolant? Pressurizing radiator? What besides the milky dipstick made you decide it was a head gasket? Was it sitting a long time? Driven through a river?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom