What was done to your rig this week?

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Just a few little things that needed to be taken care of..

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180424_110747.jpg
    MVIMG_20180424_110747.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20180424_110708.jpg
    IMG_20180424_110708.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20180424_111203.jpg
    IMG_20180424_111203.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 169

boardsurfer

Man I feel so dumb today. I have had an intermittent clunk coming from the back of my Jeep ever since I swapped in the Pro Rocks. I have tightened and torqued every conceivable bolt back there - made paint marks to confirm, and still the clunk persists. It only happens when I make a left turn.

So, yesterday I was cleaning out the recovery gear after pulling someone out of a snow drift. I got all the stuff cleaned up and put away/strapped down and then it hit me. My freaking tire iron was bumping against the plastic on the rear passenger side. :doh::doh::cheesy:

Needless to say, it was a lot quieter on my drive to work this morning.

Zstairlessone

Man I feel so dumb today. I have had an intermittent clunk coming from the back of my Jeep ever since I swapped in the Pro Rocks. I have tightened and torqued every conceivable bolt back there - made paint marks to confirm, and still the clunk persists. It only happens when I make a left turn.

So, yesterday I was cleaning out the recovery gear after pulling someone out of a snow drift. I got all the stuff cleaned up and put away/strapped down and then it hit me. My freaking tire iron was bumping against the plastic on the rear passenger side. :doh::doh::cheesy:

Needless to say, it was a lot quieter on my drive to work this morning.

Ha, that’s the shit that usually happens to me. I never look for the easy solution first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Very often, a new issue is directly related to the last repair performed. Seems smart to look there first. In this case it was not related. Must mean that axle was installed correctly. Way to go!

Dont hurt your arm patting yourself on the back there, Doug. :bleh:

​Kidding!

Slimebones

Dont hurt your arm patting yourself on the back there, Doug. :bleh:

​Kidding!

Just sayin. We were a couple of dudes who had never done this before. Determination and paying attention to detail, we got it done, crawling around on that cold concrete floor with a minimum of tools. That was some heavy shit.

Top Bottom