What was done to your rig this week?

You had the dealer do it?! Do you have jut a regular key without the buttons? I did the switchblade key fob swap awhile back and I didn't need the dealer to program it. I did have them cut the switchblade blank for me, but they didn't charge me for it because they were sure it wouldn't work lol. I proved them wrong!

Switchblade key?

Mine went back to the dealership for new heads. Now I'm rocking a grand caravan till Friday. Might hold a soccer mom drag race. :(

Atch said:
Congrats, mine are impatiently waiting for new rubber before I install mine

That's funny my 37" Toyo's are impatiently waiting on my ATX Slabs to get here!!!! Well Congrat's to you, Hopefully you will get tires soon!!!

Switchblade key?

x2 seems like something I would want lol

image-238155771.jpg

image-1722496184.jpg

Husband bought it off eBay for me last year. I think he searched for "jeep switchblade key"

It's easy to assemble as you pull the guts outta your old key fob and put them into the switchblade housing. Then you compress the spring as per the instructions and screw it together. I had the stealership cut the blank, yours may charge you, but mine didn't.

View attachment 25218

View attachment 25219

Husband bought it off eBay for me last year. I think he searched for "jeep switchblade key"

It's easy to assemble as you pull the guts outta your old key fob and put them into the switchblade housing. Then you compress the spring as per the instructions and screw it together. I had the stealership cut the blank, yours may charge you, but mine didn't.

I have seen these for VW and Audi and always loved them ... I will have to pic up a couple ...Noob question: I know with some newer cars (Honda)you have to have the dealer "program" the key for it to actually work .. is the jeep the same?

I relocated my winch control box.

Attachments

• image-3896379547.jpg
    image-3896379547.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 323
  • image-3627563921.jpg
    image-3627563921.jpg
    457.3 KB · Views: 320
I have seen these for VW and Audi and always loved them ... I will have to pic up a couple ...Noob question: I know with some newer cars (Honda)you have to have the dealer "program" the key for it to actually work .. is the jeep the same?

Mopar will tell you yes, the dealer will need to program it but I say NO. If you have the fob with the buttons on it you don't need the dealer for anything more than getting the new blank cut. You could probably have a locksmith cut the blank if you want.

The programmer is in the guts behind the buttons of the original key, which you move into the new housing.

Basically, on my jeep, the key blank will turn the vehicle on but then it shuts off after 3 seconds because the anti theft isn't registering the guts of the old key in the new blank.

Put the guts of your old key into the new blanks housing and it registers with your antitheft and all is good

If you use the guts that come with the new blank, it will need programming, I just used my old guts to solve that problem and it works like a champ

I came home to a pile of boxes at the front door and a tracking number in my email for the new front bumper.

Today's Brown Santa stash...
DSC00872.JPGDSC00873.JPGDSC00874.JPG

Washed it and put LOD third brake light extension bracket on that I got from Chris today.

Attachments

• image-2604849616.jpg
    image-2604849616.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 286
  • image-3015699631.jpg
    image-3015699631.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 287
  • image-3316403274.jpg
    image-3316403274.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 284
Today I finished up installing longer travel shocks rustys heavy duty steering links an stabilizer. Got a little more flex an definite improvement handling on road.

Attachments

• securedownloadkj;h.jpg
    securedownloadkj;h.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 278
Finally did my fender chop. Also did the PIAA driving lights. Teraflex steering stabilizer. And drake hood latches. Was a fun week. Lol

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366255232.696709.jpg

Top Bottom