What was done to your rig this week?

I’ve been driving on a bent flange and a seizing right rear caliper for the better part of 2 months while I waited on new parts. Unfortunately I had to leave for my next Sand Hollow a trip a day before they were scheduled to arrive but... thanks to a very supportive wife who brought them down the next day and some good friends... a hotel parking lot wrench-a-thon was all it took to get the new shafts installed along with new rotors and passenger side caliper IMG_4133.jpg
IMG_4181.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nice, what size tubing did you use? I have the same exact situation, Code and cracked piece on tank.
Thanks

Hmm I can’t remember. I want to say 5/16? I had to drill it out a bit. It’s just for air to pass through so just get the smallest/ biggest you can fit in the broken piece. I picked it up at ace. Just a nylon piece of tubing like 2” long.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
DMV back fees, dealer, gas caps, etc probably like $2500. Piece of plastic and plastic JB weld, $11.97. Lol

This is the type of greenie shit that pisses me off. Seriously I'm all about a cleaner environment but emissions requirements like this are beyond ridiculous. I'm not convinced for a second that gas vapors are all that damaging in general but especially in a case like this. I guarantee that the accidental fuel spills and permanent puddles near the pump at my local gas station have released far more hydrocarbons than your pin hole leak that you've been trying to fix for years. The whole SMALL evap leak thing needs to go away as a requirement to pass emissions. But it won't.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is the type of greenie shit that pisses me off. Seriously I'm all about a cleaner environment but emissions requirements like this are beyond ridiculous. I'm not convinced for a second that gas vapors are all that damaging in general but especially in a case like this. I guarantee that the accidental fuel spills and permanent puddles near the pump at my local gas station have released far more hydrocarbons than your pin hole leak that you've been trying to fix for years. The whole SMALL evap leak thing needs to go away as a requirement to pass emissions. But it won't.

Funny, we were getting gas at Costco today and they had a sign up that says don’t continue after the pump stops. Prevent spills and safe the environment. 🤦*♂️

Hilop

Caught the Bug
Hmm I can’t remember. I want to say 5/16? I had to drill it out a bit. It’s just for air to pass through so just get the smallest/ biggest you can fit in the broken piece. I picked it up at ace. Just a nylon piece of tubing like 2” long.

I found a piece that worked from a spray bottle tube that worked perfect. Funny thing is when I started to take off the retaining clips it broke. I already had JB weld for plastic ready to go. Thanks

Seahawkfan

Hooked

I absolutely hate smog checks and I'm not saying it was the only reason for the difference in air quality in the LA and OC area back in the early 70's to now. But I remember when we couldn't go out for recess because we were under smog alerts or were sent home from school. Other kids had snow days and we had smog days. :crazyeyes: It always pissed me off when you pass one year and then next check you fail. Still runs great freshly tuned up because you want be prepared, But you fail and they tell you it needs a tune up.:mad:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I admit that I am limited when it comes to installs but I installed my ICOM 2730 HAM radio in my Jeep. Another Jeeper ran the wires through the firewall for me and that was it. I connected everything, it powered up and I buttoned everything up. I think it’s clean, only one hole was drilled and I can change it up if I choose to do so. I take the head and mic inside when I’m done.

IMG_4917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
Top Bottom