What was done to your rig this week?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ve been tossing the idea around for a while now and really glad I did it.

Oh great! Any tips if that is my situation? I guess I’m about to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Drill the back two and bolt in then take the bumper off, notch the frame and install the front. Then reinstall the bumper. Seems like a lot of work but I’m sure it will be quickest.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimmypaget

Did an oil change, air filter clean and cabin filter clean. Holy cow them damn cabin filters were dusty as hell!

jesse3638

Hooked
Did an oil change, air filter clean and cabin filter clean. Holy cow them damn cabin filters were dusty as hell!

Yeah I need to get an air filter after the NY21 run. I've never changed my cabin filters and probably should. I wonder if there is even one in there. As I recall some people said there wasn't one in there from the factory. Its always a dust bath when I fire it up to high...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I got really lucky and didn’t have to pull the bumper for the top front bolts. Maybe EVO moved the holes back a little.

IMG_8160.jpg IMG_8161.jpg

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Intake Manifold

Changing the JK's Intake Manifold......2.8 turbo diesel's manifold is plastic and it is warped (sorta was expecting that over time)....:mad::mad:

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Installed some rocker armor today, super nervous drilling holes in the body after hearing some of the horror stories people have had with nutserts striping, spinning, or not lining up. Just took my time and chipped away at it.

Still need to paint the rockers

IMG_5730.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

After all the stories about these things spinning in the hole I decided to glue them in with some sleeve retainer

IMG_5735.jpg

This tool I got from the recommended parts section here on Wayalife made all the difference, it paid for itself today

IMG_5736.jpg

Elroy231

Installed some rocker armor today, super nervous drilling holes in the body after hearing some of the horror stories people have had with nutserts striping, spinning, or not lining up. Just took my time and chipped away at it.

View attachment 359240

View attachment 359241

View attachment 359242

After all the stories about these things spinning in the hole I decided to glue them in with some sleeve retainer

View attachment 359243

This tool I got from the recommended parts section here on Wayalife made all the difference, it paid for itself today

View attachment 359244
Armor looks good! Those nut zurts can really be a pia!!! How did it work out applying some sticky to help hold em?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

View attachment 359240

View attachment 359241

View attachment 359242

View attachment 359243

View attachment 359244

Nice, having that tool really makes it easier. I never heard of sleeve retainer and always used RVT, but good to know there is another option. Looking Good!

JKbrick

View attachment 359240

View attachment 359241

View attachment 359242

View attachment 359243

View attachment 359244

When I changed my rear axle shafts I used that on the bearing race because on the one side I could take the old outer race in and out by hand. I assumed it shouldn’t be spinning in there

CalSgt

Hooked
Armor looks good! Those nut zurts can really be a pia!!! How did it work out applying some sticky to help hold em?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

We will see how the sleeve retainer does, I believe it takes a while to dry and set up

MericaMade

Nice, having that tool really makes it easier. I never heard of sleeve retainer and always used RVT, but good to know there is another option. Looking Good!

RTV is probably good for sealing the hole against water getting in but probably wont offer much to keep the nutsert from spinning in the hole. Sleeve retainer is like loc-tite for slip & press fit parts, it will absolutely glue a slip fit pin into another part. My dad accidently used some for a nut on an alternator a few years back, we had to split the nut in two spots and chisel it off...

p38

Caught the Bug
Got the headers back from the Cerakote shop, and the guys installed Wilwood electric E brakes. I had one of those Estop brake systems which worked great until the long-arm suspension. The cables had to be so long there was too much slack for the Estop tensioner to pull enough to set the brakes. Still a very good system if anyone is considering it. We went electric because of the cable slack.
Here's some pictures of the headers.
IMG_3020.jpg IMG_3021.jpg IMG_3022.jpg IMG_3040.jpg IMG_3037.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3031.mov
    338.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3027.mov
    437.6 KB · Views: 6

JKbrick

Got the headers back from the Cerakote shop, and the guys installed Wilwood electric E brakes. I had one of those Estop brake systems which worked great until the long-arm suspension. The cables had to be so long there was too much slack for the Estop tensioner to pull enough to set the brakes. Still a very good system if anyone is considering it. We went electric because of the cable slack.
View attachment 359433 View attachment 359434 View attachment 359435 View attachment 359436 View attachment 359437

Dang so nice looking

wjtstudios

Hooked
View attachment 359433 View attachment 359434 View attachment 359435 View attachment 359436 View attachment 359437

First class!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom