What to buy Im so lost

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Get the 4dr Rubi and don't look back. Yes it's more bucks but you will never regret it even if it stretches your coin. I almost went 2dr and can't even consider why I was on the fence back then.

JKBANDIT55

Remember, if your only looking to get a Rubi because of the lockers, but not sure if you'll use them as much as you like, you can always get a sport with the Trac lok option??

Here is my experience with the 2 different JKs ive had.

1st jk was an 07 2 door sport sahara. I bought it used and the person who had it before me had 4.10 gears installed along with ARB lockers. I had a 4" lift with 35s and loved it. Did awesome off road, and I did find myself needing the lockers on steep slick rock climbs and certain spots where major flex was going on.

2nd and current Jk. 2012 JKUS with 3.73 gears and the trak loc option.
the first thing I noticed was it climbs steep hills and slick rock just as good as my locked 2 door. If my 2 door wasn't locked, theres no way in hell I would make it up some of the stuff my 4 door does. I think its because the longer wheel base, by the time im getting my back tires on the rock, the front is already pulling me up. with 3.73 gears and the new 285HP engine, 35s will not be a problem at all. That, or the trak loc is just that good. I have buddies who asked me if I have lockers because my rear wheels are always spinning in sync with each other even when fully flexed or slipping tires.

I hope this helps you make a decision.

Bottom line, Rubi is the best option and will perform better than any other model jeep stock. better tranny, auto sway bar discos, 4.10 gearing, and lockers.

Sahara is your next best option. with 3.73 gears and trac lok you will be able to do lots of trails, plus you get all the interior bells and whistles as the rubicon.

If you find a sport with 3.73 and trac lok i think you will be fine.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Remember, if your only looking to get a Rubi because of the lockers, but not sure if you'll use them as much as you like, you can always get a sport with the Trac lok option??

Here is my experience with the 3 different JKs ive had.

1st jk was an 07 2 door sport sahara. I bought it used and the person who had it before me had 4.10 gears installed along with ARB lockers. I had a 4" lift with 35s and loved it. Did awesome off road, and I did find myself needing the lockers on steep slick rock climbs and certain spots where major flex was going on.

2nd and current Jk. 2012 JKUS with 3.73 gears and the trak loc option.
the first thing I noticed was it climbs steep hills and slick rock just as good as my locked 2 door. If my 2 door wasn't locked, theres no way in hell I would make it up some of the stuff my 4 door does. I think its because the longer wheel base, by the time im getting my back tires on the rock, the front is already pulling me up. with 3.73 gears and the new 285HP engine, 35s will not be a problem at all. That, or the trak loc is just that good. I have buddies who asked me if I have lockers because my rear wheels are always spinning in sync with each other even when fully flexed or slipping tires.

I hope this helps you make a decision.

Bottom line, Rubi is the best option and will perform better than any other model jeep stock. better tranny, auto sway bar discos, 4.10 gearing, and lockers.

Sahara is your next best option. with 3.73 gears and trac lok you will be able to do lots of trails, plus you get all the interior bells and whistles as the rubicon.

If you find a sport with 3.73 and trac lok i think you will be fine.

Whats the third? ;)

Top Bottom