What is this?

Ok, I knew my JK Wrangler inside out till it was totaled. Baught a Gladiator Rubicon and started modifying after 2 months. I was installing Rugged Ridge Snorkle when I saw this under the airbox. I maybe showing my ignorance with this engine but I have no clue as to what this is? Looks like a large starter or alternator? I know you guys know and would greatly appreciate your help.

Attachments

• 20210420_101914.jpg
    20210420_101914.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 60

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks like it could be an electric power steering pump. I think these are equipped with those instead of belt driven.

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, I knew my JK Wrangler inside out till it was totaled. Baught a Gladiator Rubicon and started modifying after 2 months. I was installing Rugged Ridge Snorkle when I saw this under the airbox. I maybe showing my ignorance with this engine but I have no clue as to what this is? Looks like a large starter or alternator? I know you guys know and would greatly appreciate your help.
Looks like it could be an electric power steering pump. I think these are equipped with those instead of belt driven.
It is a power steering pump. I just looked at the part number on mine and googled it.

P68298668AE​

Top Bottom