What did Brown Santa show up with today..

jdofmemi

More garage tools, but trail sized, so it can go along👍

Attachments

• PXL_20210320_010658477_copy_600x800.jpg
    PXL_20210320_010658477_copy_600x800.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 94

duktrx

Unfortunately no. State law says the plate must be on the bumper. It also has to require tools to remove the plate, so no hand knobs or anything. I’m gonna try a fishbone fair lead plate mount and see how that works.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
This winter, I saw a guy running a flip-up Tuffy brand fairlead plate holder mounted on the bumper, so in normal position, it was blocking the snow and ice from blasting the spool, flipped out of the way to see the way the line was spooling. I took a picture, now just need to find it.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Now if only we could find ammo...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

That’s no shit, I’m never in the right place at the right time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you're avid or semi-avid shooters I HIGHLY recommend getting into reloading the next time ammo comes back in stock. If you can't find ammo you still struggle to find components as well. But you can still find components and the markups aren't the 5-10x I've seen for finished rounds.

I try to stock up when ammo is back in stock (cause the components will be available and at MSRP). I usually by finished ammo in bulk as well. But the peace of mind knowing if the shit hits the fan and I need to build some bullets I can. Or if I have friends down and no bullets I can spit enough out to plink around within a few beers.

And if I do ever have free time it is pretty relaxing to turn on some music, pop open a beer, and reload a 1k rounds or so.

Just my 2 cents, good luck finding any ammo!

WJCO

Meme King
If you're avid or semi-avid shooters I HIGHLY recommend getting into reloading the next time ammo comes back in stock. If you can't find ammo you still struggle to find components as well. But you can still find components and the markups aren't the 5-10x I've seen for finished rounds.

I try to stock up when ammo is back in stock (cause the components will be available and at MSRP). I usually by finished ammo in bulk as well. But the peace of mind knowing if the shit hits the fan and I need to build some bullets I can. Or if I have friends down and no bullets I can spit enough out to plink around within a few beers.

And if I do ever have free time it is pretty relaxing to turn on some music, pop open a beer, and reload a 1k rounds or so.

Just my 2 cents, good luck finding any ammo!

Agreed. I reloaded my own about a decade ago when the ammo salesman of the year was in office and you couldn't find ammo anywhere. A local gun shop got me into it. Hornady press, etc. I still have most of it but don't have the time with kids now. But it's very relaxing, easy, cheap, and easier to find those components vs whole rounds.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Agreed. I reloaded my own about a decade ago when the ammo salesman of the year was in office and you couldn't find ammo anywhere. A local gun shop got me into it. Hornady press, etc. I still have most of it but don't have the time with kids now. But it's very relaxing, easy, cheap, and easier to find those components vs whole rounds.

I'll be honest, I haven't reloaded a round in 2 years probably, but I have probably 8k rounds left from when I was doing it weekly. Got married, wife has 3 kids, so became instant father of 3. I let a buddy borrow my reloading equipment. Kids haven't been around around guns yet, but I'm going to start teaching them. I think this summer or early next year I'm going to get the equipment back and show the oldest how to make a bullet (then he'll be my re-loader). He can come out on shoots and watch/help pick up casings. Help clean the guns afterwards. Etc. I can hopefully teach him the ropes and respect necessary before letting him start pulling the trigger.

This is how my dad taught me I guess. Haven't done anything too stupid yet!

Top Bottom