What did Brown Santa show up with today..

RCVRY

Those were the days! Time spent on the boards and BMX trick bikes. Fond memories and still have some scars hanging around.

I was doing dirt jumps when I was 4. Should’ve gone into bmx but was too expensive for my family. Can’t run bmx on a huffy. [emoji53]

Boards were cheaper but I was still part of the Veriflex crowd. Used to build ‘em up with used Independents and ‘Bones. I remember the Japan bearings were the shit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I was doing dirt jumps when I was 4. Should’ve gone into bmx but was too expensive for my family. Can’t run bmx on a huffy. [emoji53]

Boards were cheaper but I was still part of the Veriflex crowd. Used to build ‘em up with used Independents and ‘Bones. I remember the Japan bearings were the shit.

Since we’re reminiscing, I was lucky and worked at a bike / skate shop from age 14 to 17. While I purchased an awesome BMX bike prior to my employment (Hutch Trickstar) I was able to get my hands on many different boards during those years. I started out in the Vision camp with a “Gator” Mark Rogowski (I think that guy ended up killing his girlfriend or something) and ended up being a big fan of Christian Hosoi. I had a half dozen of his boards over those years. Tracker were my favorite trucks although I did have gullwings on a few. Wheels depended on whether it was a street board or ramp. I had a lot of different wheels, hard for the ramps and soft for the street. If I remember right I had sealed GMN bearings, but toward the end I tried some SKF ceramics that were open and required constant lubrication.

TheGrendel

6fBsqrZ.jpg

tenor.gif

XrVRQMD.jpg

TheGrendel

I’ve had a couple of their newer tools fail recently. Not built the way they used to be.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

my shitty cheap ass harbor freight special has seen 10x the abuse that piece of shit craftsman did. and Sears management wonders why they went bankrupt.

fiend

Caught the Bug
my shitty cheap ass harbor freight special has seen 10x the abuse that piece of shit craftsman did. and Sears management wonders why they went bankrupt.

LOL. Try using sear’s “lifetime” tool warranty. After standing in a checkout line for 20 minutes while some hapless register guy tries to upsell some schmoe buying a home gym while the line builds up behind you, you finally get your turn. At that point the guy takes your busted tool, turns around and pulls a barely better “rebuilt” tool from a junk drawer, and sends you on your way. Never again. 🤦🏻*♂️

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Since we’re reminiscing, I was lucky and worked at a bike / skate shop from age 14 to 17. While I purchased an awesome BMX bike prior to my employment (Hutch Trickstar) I was able to get my hands on many different boards during those years. I started out in the Vision camp with a “Gator” Mark Rogowski (I think that guy ended up killing his girlfriend or something) and ended up being a big fan of Christian Hosoi. I had a half dozen of his boards over those years. Tracker were my favorite trucks although I did have gullwings on a few. Wheels depended on whether it was a street board or ramp. I had a lot of different wheels, hard for the ramps and soft for the street. If I remember right I had sealed GMN bearings, but toward the end I tried some SKF ceramics that were open and required constant lubrication.

Hell I remember trying not to lose any ball bearings..:cheesy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom