WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

RCC

So, I'm gonna bet that for most people, this is not going to be a problem. I think for us, there was 2 things going on. First, there was the weight of the spare strapped on top of the rack. Second and maybe more the problem than anything, was all the hard and fast driving we do in the desert and on a very regular basis. If you've ever seen are rear bump stops and what they look like, that should speak volumes about what I'm talking about. These two things together seemed to be just too much stress for the paper thin sheet metal to handle.

That’s good to know. After our trip to Hot Springs( a lot of rocks with trees) I figured out pretty quick that the bed rack is a tree magnet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s good to know. After our trip to Hot Springs( a lot of rocks with trees) I figured out pretty quick that the bed rack is a tree magnet.
LOL - yes, it is. But I don't think a hard hit from a tree would be enough to do the kind of damage that we have. Something about speed + weight + gravity + constant side to side and up and down jarring has a way of fatiguing things to the point of breaking things.

Discount Tire

Very cool. It's sad to see the river so low. Many years ago we went to Lake Powell 2 times a year for 15 years , we put in at about 10:00 PM and ran in our boat 42 miles up to the lake to camp on a sandy shore. We couldn't do it now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those tunnels look so awesome. I’m sure eddie knows all kinds of history. How long ago were they last used?
LOL - yeah, I know a thing or two about them. For the most part, the railroad ended service about 4 years after it was created to build the Hoover Dam but the tracks and tunnels were still in use on and off until 1961. That's when the last generator was installed in the dam. The NPS has a lot of great info on the tunnels and if you do the hike, there are tons of great signs that will teach you about the history of them, the dam and the area as as a whole. Here's a nice video that they put together too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool. It's sad to see the river so low. Many years ago we went to Lake Powell 2 times a year for 15 years , we put in at about 10:00 PM and ran in our boat 42 miles up to the lake to camp on a sandy shore. We couldn't do it now.
The last time Lake Mead was full was back in 1983. Back then, the total population of Clark County (where Vegas is) was only 500,000 people. Today, there are almost 3 million people and again, that's just in Clark County. There are a total of 7 states that use water from the Colorado, 40% of Arizona's total water use comes from it and a whole HALF of Los Angeles' water comes from it as well. I don't see any of these cities and or states using any less water, any time soon.

JAGS

Hooked
LOL - yeah, I know a thing or two about them. For the most part, the railroad ended service about 4 years after it was created to build the Hoover Dam but the tracks and tunnels were still in use on and off until 1961. That's when the last generator was installed in the dam. The NPS has a lot of great info on the tunnels and if you do the hike, there are tons of great signs that will teach you about the history of them, the dam and the area as as a whole. Here's a nice video that they put together too.

Cool video. Thanks for sharing. Would take 5 years to build those tunnels these days. Lol.

Brute

Hooked
The last time Lake Mead was full was back in 1983. Back then, the total population of Clark County (where Vegas is) was only 500,000 people. Today, there are almost 3 million people and again, that's just in Clark County. There are a total of 7 states that use water from the Colorado, 40% of Arizona's total water use comes from it and a whole HALF of Los Angeles' water comes from it as well. I don't see any of these cities and or states using any less water, any time soon.
At some point CA may have to resort to desalination plants to meet fresh water needs…I have no idea what AZ is going to do…the Colorado river is about to tap out…

jesse3638

Hooked
Dictator Gavin Newsolini and his Minion Eric Gadafi have a plan for water in LA I'm sure.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom