Wayalife family

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I find myself needing to get some stuff out and share some hard times I'm going through at this time. I've been checked out from the forum and my jeep for awhile. But the great thing about this forum and the jeep community is I feel when life jerks you back , you have a place to feel welcome. I'm just going to say it, I lost my brother yesterday to addiction, he left behind a wife and two beautiful young girls. I just want everyone to know how much this forum and jeep community means to me.

Ddays

Hooked
Man, that's really tough anytime of the year but it always is worse during the holidays. I lost both of my parents in the last 4 years to fucking cancer - both due to cigarettes and them being lifelong smokers - another form of addiction.
Everyone tells you it gets easier to deal with over time, and it does. But I completely understand the pain of the now. Best thing to do is rally the family together and remember the good times. These things always remind us of our own mortality
and honestly I think that's a good thing. It reminds us to quit taking things for granted and make damn sure you appreciate family, friends, and health. Hang in there buddy...

Coop

Caught the Bug
You have our thoughts and prayers. Addiction is a tough disease but we have hope through those we know who can stand with us and pick us up when we fall. Lots of support out there for all those who are touched by this cruel affliction. Reach out to SoberEvolution, it's for all forms of addiction. I know the guy who started it, he is my son. I have probably violated the forum rules so if the above reference is deleted, PM me. Sorry for the violation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

daddyusmaximus

I came close to losing my brother to the same thing. He and his wife ended up having to raise his wife's daughter's girls, because their mom was in worse shape that my brother. He got clean for them. I guess we weren't enough reason to get off that crap, but the girls were. I say they saved my brother's life. Prayers for your family. It will be toughest on the kids. Always is. When the dust settles, maybe you can get some "uncle time" and take them wheeling. Talk to them about the good part of their dad.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my mom 4 years ago to liver failure due to alcoholism. I'm hoping I don't lose my brother as well because he is on the same path. I've tried numerous times to help but as they say you can't help someone who isn't willing to help themselves. My thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I am really sorry about what happened. I just want you to know that I am praying for you and to lift your eyes up to Jesus because He sees your pain and He is the only one that can bring peace and comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom