Watcha cookin'?

jesse3638

Hooked
It’s like a sweet spicy jalapeño relish. It’s great on everything.

Our recipe is,

10lbs jalapeños diced
9 cups sugar
6 cups apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp celery seed
9 tsp garlic powder
3 tap cayenne

Combine everything except jalapeños, bring to a boil, let boil for five minutes. Add jalapeños, bring to another boil and boil for 4 minutes. Drain liquid (set aside) and put jalapeños in a jar. Bring liquid back to a boil on the stove and boil again for five minutes. Fill jars with liquid leaving 1/2” headspace. Cover and water bath can for 10 minutes half pints and 15 minutes pints.

I wouldn’t recommend larger jars than pints.

Seems like a lot of sugar but there is a lot of brine leftover so you don't eat it all. That made 14 half pints and three pints.
Sounds good. May have to make some of this. Is it good right away or does it need to sit like pickles?
We water bath canned it. I’ll edit the above post with the directions for the recipe.
How long is it's shelf life?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sounds good. May have to make some of this. Is it good right away or does it need to sit like pickles?

How long is it's shelf life?
You can eat it right away. We had one jar that didn’t seal and we ate it for dinner Monday night.

I would guess it would be like most canned items, 18 months. It doesn’t last that long for us.

jesse3638

Hooked
You can eat it right away. We had one jar that didn’t seal and we ate it for dinner Monday night.

I would guess it would be like most canned items, 18 months. It doesn’t last that long for us.
OK cool thanks. Now to figure out what water bath canning is....haha

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Whipped up some Mac and cheese after work, smoked sharp cheddar, some shredded mixed cheddar from a bag and peppered goat cheese to thicken up the half and half. Tossed some bacon in there for good measure since I've got candied bacon going in the dehydrator right now.

Attachments

• Snapchat-420655618.jpg
    Snapchat-420655618.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom