Watcha cookin'?

Looking good...what’s he rest of the fam eating?...

Haha, Britt had a couple wings and salad, Levi went with Tri Tip from last night with peas and carrots, Sawyer had chicken and rice which mostly went to the floor. I polished the wings accompanied by 4 or 5 IPA’s.

Looks good. I can never get wings right on the bbq. Everything else is good, wings for some reason are my nemesis.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I’m with Ed, all your grub looks awesome. With the Traeger I set it for 375 and run the wings for about half an hour or so. Pull em when they hit about 190. I think most people shoot for 165 on wings and that’s not enough in my opinion. I season ahead of time with this spice I found at Winco. Then toss in Franks once their done.

IMG_7306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
NY strip steak, roasted acorn squash & carrots, rice pilaf, broccoli soup (purging the fridge before a grocery run)

Attachments

• 32336BC4-827E-4A5B-A0F6-F2A5A84B6B25.jpg
    32336BC4-827E-4A5B-A0F6-F2A5A84B6B25.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 24305B43-9C7F-4CD8-9084-72991DD81DB3.jpg
    24305B43-9C7F-4CD8-9084-72991DD81DB3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 60
IMG_0709.jpg

Vegan enchiladas and vegetarian enchiladas with walnut meat, refried beans and black beans. Ready to go into the oven.

Looks good! What's the walnut meat? Is it a paste or something?

2 cups walnuts, 2tbs olive oil, small can green chili, package taco seasoning. Run through the food processor. Spread onto a baking pan and pop into a 350f oven for 10min. After baking it breaks up to a taco meat consistency. Makes for a decent meat alternative.

My oldest daughter has recently become vegan...I’ve given up trying to cure her, so I’ve been researching vegan recipes to cook for her whenever she comes over...it’s been challenging for me...

2 cups walnuts, 2tbs olive oil, small can green chili, package taco seasoning. Run through the food processor. Spread onto a baking pan and pop into a 350f oven for 10min. After baking it breaks up to a taco meat consistency. Makes for a decent meat alternative.

That sounds good. gonna have to try that.

My oldest daughter has recently become vegan...I’ve given up trying to cure her, so I’ve been researching vegan recipes to cook for her whenever she comes over...it’s been challenging for me...

I'm not vegan but try to eat plant based first and add heart healthy proteins as sides or additions. It's not as hard as you think, it just takes a while to get used to planning a meal without a meat protein as the focal point. There's some really good vegan cookbooks out there. I'll sometimes follow them and still add a meat protein or sometimes not.

That sounds good. gonna have to try that.

I'm not vegan but try to eat plant based first and add heart healthy proteins as sides or additions. It's not as hard as you think, it just takes a while to get used to planning a meal without a meat protein as the focal point. There's some really good vegan cookbooks out there. I'll sometimes follow them and still add a meat protein or sometimes not.

What will happen when we run out of usable soil because the hippies only want to eat plants and not have animals?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom