VIDEO : TRAILHAWK TRACTION - Jeep Renegade Steep Hill Climb out of Last Chance Canyon

Jk909

VIDEO : TRAILHAWK TRACTION - Climbing out of Last Chance Canyon in a Jeep Ren...

Thanks! We love the trail too :yup:

Well, in spite of all the haters who seem to feel the need to be so vocal about their hate for the Renegade, we enjoy it. :yup:

Funny thing is every renegade owner I've met has been more than happy with their choice

Petthefish

Wow them little things are awesome. Until last year we had a Patriot with the Freedom drive II system in (trail rated) and it surprised me many times what it could do.

Tombstone

It's good to see the JK's little brother is growing up! I have some friends that run SST Coops and are very pleased with them, I am looking seriously at them too.....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I loved it! Its amazing to see what they can do and I also cannot wait for the full video. :yup:

LeighP

Nicely done!
These STT Pro tyres are right at the top of my list for my next set....I've been seeing good feedback all round...both off and on road.

Damtall55

That is awesome to watch and hear it did so well!! Now I have a chance of getting my fiancé out of her Nissan Rogue and into a decent crawler!!

By the way Eddie, how is the room inside one of those? Not worried about my girl, she's 5'2. I'm more worried about me being 6'10. :eek:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
My wife and I have been toying with when we'll buy ourselves a Renegade since they first came out. Now that my wife has seen what your little Jeep can do, she really wants one set up just like yours for "her" next daily driver. I'm not sure when I got cut out of the equation, but I at least have the JK. :rolleyes2:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
That is awesome to watch and hear it did so well!! Now I have a chance of getting my fiancé out of her Nissan Rogue and into a decent crawler!!

By the way Eddie, how is the room inside one of those? Not worried about my girl, she's 5'2. I'm more worried about me being 6'10. :eek:

I would definitely test drive one to see if you fit. I'd say that overall there is the same amount of overhead room as a JK with a hard top.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny thing is every renegade owner I've met has been more than happy with their choice

LOL!! Imagine that? Seriously, I don't know a single Renegade owner that doesn't love theirs and a lot of them have Wranglers too :D

I loved it! Its amazing to see what they can do and I also cannot wait for the full video. :yup:

I think you'll really enjoy yours once you get it. Working on the video now and hope to get it done soon :yup:

You'd be surprised at how big and roomy it is inside a Renegade. I have a friend who is 6'-10" and at least up front and with the seat pushed back, he fit just fine.

I would definitely test drive one to see if you fit. I'd say that overall there is the same amount of overhead room as a JK with a hard top.

This is what I would recommend, give it a test fit :yup:

My wife and I have been toying with when we'll buy ourselves a Renegade since they first came out. Now that my wife has seen what your little Jeep can do, she really wants one set up just like yours for "her" next daily driver. I'm not sure when I got cut out of the equation, but I at least have the JK. :rolleyes2:

LOL!! Can't wait to see you - er, um, I mean Susan's new Renegade :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a great short video, that Trailhawk didn't any problems climbing out. :thumb:

Thanks and thank you for making such an awesome lift kit for the Renegade. Without question, the extra height and bigger/more aggressive tires it allows for made a HUGE difference! I can't wait till your rocker guards are available especially being that we really could have used them when we ran this trail. Let's just say, our plastic rocker trim isn't looking so good anymore :crazyeyes:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Too cool to see this thing out enjoying the trails despite it's small size. Perfect vehicle for someone who doesn't want or need a Wrangler, but still wants to enjoy the trails and great outdoors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! As I had mentioned before, we weren't sure if it could make it up either. Fortunately, the Trailhawks do come with a lower crawl ratio (20:1) than a Sport, Latitude or Limited and that seemed to have helped. As you can see in the clip, I didn't gun it up the hill - I just slowly crawled it. :yup:

Top Bottom