VIDEO : The Real Fix for the Break on Jeep Gladiator Dana UD60 Front Axle

whispike

After cracking the Dana UD60 front axle that Cindy and I have installed on our Jeep JT Gladiator, we attempted to have it fixed by having it welding it up. Unfortunately, the fix didn't work and a better solution was needed. Needless to say, this video will show you what we ultimately had to do.

#jeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #discipleoffroad #evomfg #trailingarms #rockjock4x4 #rockjock #antirock #swaybar #kingshocks #nittotires #kmcwheels #spicerparts #ud60 #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #axlebreak
Awesome!!! I’m sure you’ve addressed this in the past but why’d you go with the Dana UD 60’s over Dynatrac?

jeeeep

Hooked
hmmm... sure, everybody has a lift, but would've been better showing this without the use of a lift for beginners along with using plenty of JB Weld stacked dimes for those of use not certified to weld or without the "pro's" welding equipment.

other than that, I'd say Disciple did an ok job for the conditions they had to work under.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video with awesome information. It’s really cool to see a shop with that level of attention to detail- and obviously enjoying what they do. There are very few shops I’d trust to work on my Jeeps and Disciple Off Road is definitely on the trust list.

Despite the unorthodox haircut 🤣😂 Jeremy knows his Jeep stuff- he can also put a hurting on some moonshine. 🤪

Great video with awesome information. It’s really cool to see a shop with that level of attention to detail- and obviously enjoying what they do. There are very few shops I’d trust to work on my Jeeps and Disciple Off Road is definitely on the trust list.

Despite the unorthodox haircut 🤣😂 Jeremy knows his Jeep stuff- he can also put a hurting on some moonshine. 🤪
Just drink some more of that shine… his hair will look pretty good! 😂 Honestly I don’t see what’s wrong with it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Appreciate the kind words and look forward to having you guys over!

Bear_JT

Hooked
Awesome! Glad you guys are back up again and with a new axle!
I ordered my wheels from Jeremy at Disciple and he’s a really good guy. He’s always helpful and nice.

64fabius

Great video!
But I've got a dubt in my mind. Since the old D60 Ultimate had a damage so serious that not even an excellent welding solved the issue, why did you decide to install always a new one D60 instead of another brand?
In my opinion, If it was happened on my Jeep, I would have change the old axle with another one but no more Dana.
What do you think about?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fun day of gettin er done. (y)
It was a fun day for sure :)
To Negative Nancy, well no shit they aren't AWS welders and no shit they don't have weld procedures in place. It's an automotive shop, NONE of that is required in their industry. But I think you just wanted to tout your alphabet qualifications to impress everyone but you didn't.

Don't think you're the only on here that carries AWS certifications, and don't think your educator status equates to the real world. I've seen TIG freehanders stack dimes all day long on pressure piping and they pass xray or phase array 97% or better. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his MIG fillet welds and by just eyeballing in video on the internet they appear to be the proper thickness for the size of steel used, but yes being there in person with my fillet gauges would give me a better idea.

Sheeesh

Sorry to be a dick in your video thread Eddie, Jeremy you STILL need a comb 🤪
LOL - it's all good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!!! I’m sure you’ve addressed this in the past but why’d you go with the Dana UD 60’s over Dynatrac?
You mean originally? If so, it's because we've always run Dynatrac, for almost 2 decades and still run them on Moby. With our Gladiator, we decided to try something new if only for the experience. If you mean this time around, mainly because I really would have wanted something made more for what we're doing with our Gladiator now. Something more like a fabricated 9 like what Currie makes but that would be opening a pandora's box of changes which would include a new rear axle as well.

LOL - well, they are definitely a shop I would recommend :)
That’s a bummer that you had to replace it. I bet your glad to have Disciple not to far from you!
Actually, they're aren't exactly close, about a 5-6 hour drive away depending on traffic but still well worth the drive.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Glad you guys are back up again and with a new axle!
I ordered my wheels from Jeremy at Disciple and he’s a really good guy. He’s always helpful and nice.
Thank you. It really is nice to have our Gladiator up and ready to wheel again and I'm glad to hear you've had good service from Disciple 👍
Great video!
But I've got a dubt in my mind. Since the old D60 Ultimate had a damage so serious that not even an excellent welding solved the issue, why did you decide to install always a new one D60 instead of another brand?
In my opinion, If it was happened on my Jeep, I would have change the old axle with another one but no more Dana.
What do you think about?
Everything breaks or at least, it's what I have seen in the over 25 years of doing this Jeep thing. Since you seemed to have missed it, our rear axle is a UD60 as well and it's held up fine. The problem wasn't necessarily with the axle but rather, with the crazy speed we can now hit really stupid big whoops and the inability for the front suspension to keep up with the rear. That is something we need to try and address more than what axle we're running. That said, a new axle is something we've considered but not for the reasons you would have.

Top Bottom