VIDEO : The Gold Standard of Shocks

duktrx

I was shocked no keyboard warriors posted stupid comments on your video. Or else you are waiting to update that thread later. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If there work out for you maybe I will add them to my dream list.

GP NOIR

Hooked
With the internal hydraulic bumpstop, I’m assuming it acts like a king bump stop, it would save you the cost of buying those down the road. I’m liking the sound of that! I’m looking forward to your review of them!
According to the Ohlin website, *Must be used in conjunction with 2.5"-3.0” bump stop extensions depending on vehicle-specific fitment. Not included with kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With the internal hydraulic bumpstop, I’m assuming it acts like a king bump stop, it would save you the cost of buying those down the road. I’m liking the sound of that! I’m looking forward to your review of them!
Correct. There would be no need to buy something like an air bump with these.
According to the Ohlin website, *Must be used in conjunction with 2.5"-3.0” bump stop extensions depending on vehicle-specific fitment. Not included with kit.
Bump stop extensions are required even with king air bumps and the size is determined by how much lift you have.

DLW

Nice shocks and video.
Hopefully they will add their compressed end extended lengths on their website.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They definitely are good looking shocks...looking forward to road & trail testing...
Not gonna lie, so far so good. Really impressed with what I'm feeling. Hope to do a full review on them soon.
Nice shocks and video.
Hopefully they will add their compressed end extended lengths on their website.
What I can tell you is that they are about the same length extended and compressed as the Rancho shocks that they replaced. Of course, this is about the same as any shock made for about a 4"-5" lift.
Man almost 4K they are definitely expensive.
LOL - they certainly aren't cheap.
Happy you made the video, jaela has been looking for a good set of shocks to upgrade too. Curious about how they will compare to Kings or Fox.
King and Fox offer a ton of different shocks in different sizes and with different options and if you're willing to throw enough money at one of them, you'll definitely get a shock that'll perform better than these Ohlins - especially with King. That said, if you try and do an apples to apples comparison, Ohlins is right in the ballpark on price but does offer something King and Fox do not and that's rebound adjustment. And, to me, this really does make a difference in ride quality.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are the Ohlins rebuildable?
As already answered, yes.
If I wasn't loving the shit outta my coilovers I'd give them a try. Used to run Ohlins on bikes, they've got too good of a rep to ruin to put out a shitty shock for anything.
And to be fair, these are not coilovers. What you have now is really nice and depending on what you have, better.
I was surprised that the reservoir mount only used a single bolt.
Not sure why one bolt wouldn't be enough to hold a can that doesn't see any movement in place.

Top Bottom