VIDEO : The Gold Standard of Shocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When it comes to shock absorbers, everyone's got an opinion as to what's best but if there's one brand that I've found to have the most enthusiastic and loyal fanbase and all around the world, it'd be Ohlins. For over 40 years, this Swedish company has been an industry leader in dampening technology for motocross, rally racing, open wheel racing, mountain bikes, high performance vehicles of all makes and models and now, they're making their highly sought after gold shocks for the Jeep JL Wrangler, JK Wrangler and JT Gladiator. And, as luck would have it, Cindy and I were given a set for our 392 Rubicon and for the purposes of testing and review. Needless to say, this video will give you a closer look at what some consider to be the gold standard of shocks and to show you what it takes to get them installed.

You can see more pics of these Ohlins shocks installed our 392 as well as all the mods we've done to date here:

#jeep #ohlins #shockabsorber #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #offroad #shocks #suspension #suspensionsystem

kevman65

Hooked
As they've had this problem in the past, did you have to do any prying on upper mounts to get the top of the shocks in?

Other than that question, looks like a straight forward install and they DO look good on there.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
They look extremely well engineered.
Adjusters are a bonus.
Very clean install. Or maybe the mechanic and video artist make it look that way😉

But….. can’t wait to hear how they ride.
Btw. Do they offer them for different lift heights?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They look extremely well engineered.
Adjusters are a bonus.
Very clean install. Or maybe the mechanic and video artist make it look that way😉

But….. can’t wait to hear how they ride.
Btw. Do they offer them for different lift heights?
LOL - it really is that easy to install and they come in 2"-3" lift height and a 3.5"-5" for a Rubicon.

Testing video coming soon :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Look Pretty Cool. And I'm sure it will be a huge improvement over the Ranchos. That price though. 😩

OH-Lins.... sounds like one of your relatives.
LOL - my brothers from another mother :ROFLMAO:

As far as improvements go, what I can tell you is that I personally thought that the Rancho RS7MT felt better than the factory Fox but that these are better than both. More to come once we do more testing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good looking shocks.
If nothing else, they really are one of the nicest looking shocks that I've tested to date. Attention to detail is amazing and even the decals are on straight and without any bubbles or whatnot. LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
These are the “Kings” of the Harley world. I heard they were coming out for the Jeep. I gotta get a set for my CVO.
When it comes to motorcycles and bikes, Ohlins really is the shit. Really looking forward to putting them to some harder testing than just driving around town.

jeeeep

Hooked
A lot of tech in those shocks, they look good, easy install down to the reservoir mount.

Even though they are pricey, I suspect we will be seeing them on a lot of Jeeps very soon.

Next EJS:
Gold-Gold-Everywhere-Gold-Meme.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
Been while since I purchased shocks and after a few price checks for King Coilover like I have on the JLU, and the reservoir like I had on the JKU, the Ohlins are not over-priced for the level of technology built into them.

maybe it's time to update the JKU, repaint, LS swap and rename it GLDF1NGR... then make the Jeep show and overland circuit to collect all the ducks in the world!
Is-It-Gold-In-Here-Or-Is-It-Gold-Meme.jpg

When it comes to shock absorbers, everyone's got an opinion as to what's best but if there's one brand that I've found to have the most enthusiastic and loyal fanbase and all around the world, it'd be Ohlins. For over 40 years, this Swedish company has been an industry leader in dampening technology for motocross, rally racing, open wheel racing, mountain bikes, high performance vehicles of all makes and models and now, they're making their highly sought after gold shocks for the Jeep JL Wrangler, JK Wrangler and JT Gladiator. And, as luck would have it, Cindy and I were given a set for our 392 Rubicon and for the purposes of testing and review. Needless to say, this video will give you a closer look at what some consider to be the gold standard of shocks and to show you what it takes to get them installed.

You can see more pics of these Ohlins shocks installed our 392 as well as all the mods we've done to date here:

#jeep #ohlins #shockabsorber #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #offroad #shocks #suspension #suspensionsystem

Thanks for the deeper dive on these. They did catch my eye in your SEMA video that you mentioned.

Jsouder53

Hooked
With the internal hydraulic bumpstop, I’m assuming it acts like a king bump stop, it would save you the cost of buying those down the road. I’m liking the sound of that! I’m looking forward to your review of them!

Top Bottom