VIDEO : TALL to SMALL - ACCUAIR Suspension System Lets You do it All

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What happens when a bag blows and there is no coil or anything to drive out on?
LOL - No lie, that was one of the first things that came to my mind and I literally asked that same question to them!!

So, the air bags are actually air pistons with a billet aluminum shaft that goes up into the center of it. It really should never happen, or as I'm told but if there were a rupture or sudden failure, it would be like running on your bump stop. Having had a coil break on me at high speeds before, I can tell you that it isn't too bad and won't be enough to send you tumbling into a ditch.

benatc1

Hooked
I actually think it looks pretty cool, definitely curious to see how it performs in the rocks and more generally off road. I could see this system doing very well with the right crowd. Cool you get to use and “abuse”? It!

TrailHunter

Hooked
Cool for sure!... I bagged my 65' C10 so I have a little experience with the concept (different vehicle I know). My concern would be Flex on the rocks or lack there of... and a harsh ride on the trail. I find if you air up for height... the ride can suck (more pressure in the bag)... but if you add weight it gets softer. So I guess you would need to find that balance of height vs weight per your rig. Not to sound negative but I think it's for the guy that doesn't wheel much... but I'm really curious to see what you think after testing it.

Ok, that’s a pretty cool system. Looking forward to more videos of testing. Curious though, why would the JL only able to run 35s when that lift goes up to a 3.5”?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool for sure!... I bagged my 65' C10 so I have a little experience with the concept (different vehicle I know). My concern would be Flex on the rocks or lack there of... and a harsh ride on the trail. I find if you air up for height... the ride can suck (more pressure in the bag)... but if you add weight it gets softer. So I guess you would need to find that balance of height vs weight per your rig. Not to sound negative but I think it's for the guy that doesn't wheel much... but I'm really curious to see what you think after testing it.
For sure we will be testing this out on the rocks and sharing what we find. (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, that’s awesome. This is a pretty interesting option for the overlander folks.
And really, that's where I think this kit is focused on. Add a 250 lb roof top tent, fridge, kitchen and all the doodads that overlanders carry and your rear end sags big time. This kit makes it so that you can stay level on the trail and without compromising ride quality. Also, to level out for sleeping on the trail is pretty sweet too.

jamesrw30

I really like this, though I have a jk. I watch Dave Chappelle from dirt every day and he's been using air bags for a long time. Can the compressor be used for lockers also?

bigcale

Caught the Bug
My friend has been running the AiRock air suspension on his TJ for 20ish years now. It is a similar setup, if a bit older tech controller.

pop2tu

This is very interesting. Can’t wait to see how the flex is. I like how you can adjust independently and with a small controller or the app.

kevman65

Hooked
@wayoflife If you can talk him into it, have the owner let YOU do either an install with your commentary OR you guys do a video of them doing the install with your running commentary.

You have the knack of simplifying the instructions so just about any level of mechanical skills and knowledge can understand.

djthumper

If I had seen this before I probably would have figured out a way to get this instead of the lift I got. I also just did a trip to Phoenix and back on 35s. I wonder if it will easily work on the Eco Diesels. I end up figuring out how to do things on it because almost everything is made for the gas engine.

This is definitely interesting and I'd like to see how it performs both on and off road over time, but I believe it's definitely for a specific crowd. Don't get me wrong it's cool, but i like the look of a coil spring. But hey, if this is truly durable off road it'd be a great alternative to coilovers, especially for the overlanders, and obviously the mall crawler crowd as well just buying them for show.

Top Bottom