VIDEO : TALL to SMALL - ACCUAIR Suspension System Lets You do it All

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unlike traditional suspension systems that replace your stock coils with a set of taller ones, ACCUAIR uses air springs that can be set and adjusted to anything from stock height to 5.5" of lift and all with just a simple touch of a button. Of course, there really is a lot more to this intelligent and versatile air suspension system and in this video, we hope to share some of it with you.

#jeep #airsuspension #wayalife #accuair #jeepgladiator #toyotires #tiswheels #warn #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #overland #overlanding

* Please note that the Amazon links posted are associate links and purchases made through them will help support this channel.

kevman65

Hooked
🤯

Okay, first question already comes to mind. *IF* you wanted to run at let's say a 2 1/2" lift, can it be set there and can you run at speed on the interstate?

(I'll have more I just know it)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
🤯

Okay, first question already comes to mind. *IF* you wanted to run at let's say a 2 1/2" lift, can it be set there and can you run at speed on the interstate?

(I'll have more I just know it)
So, even better, the system is programmable and it can even be set to run at just 1.5" of lift when on the interstate. That's how we have it set now and it does provide measurably better fuel economy.

jeeeep

Hooked
LOL - pricey for sure but cheaper than coilovers and even some standard coil and shock setups out there.

I was thinking pricey but made in America, self leveling, LCG for highway speeds and you're right, for what I'm in for the LA/Coilovers could've installed this and saved half.

As much as wish I could be off-road more, living in Texas just doesn't cut it for the coil over investment.

But, the song I heard in my head
Low Rider

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Be watching for updates. This looks pretty slick. Curious how it will do offroad and what it rides like at speed.
So far, from the minor off roading we've done with this Jeep, it actually does... surprisingly well. As far as speed goes, are you talking about in general or like bombing across the desert? Because, on pavement, it's just as stable as a stock Jeep and ACCUAIR is even FMVSS 126 compliant. Off road, we've pushed it and can say it can go faster on rough desert terrain faster than our stock 392.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking pricey but made in America, self leveling, LCG for highway speeds and you're right, for what I'm in for the LA/Coilovers could've installed this and saved half.

As much as wish I could be off-road more, living in Texas just doesn't cut it for the coil over investment.

But, the song I heard in my head
Low Rider
LOL - too funny. And, I'm glad to hear you breaking things down the way you did because really, that's where or why a kit like this should be considered. It's clearly not meant to be or do the things my JT can do but for what it does, I can totally see where there's an audience for it.

WJCO

Meme King
That is really cool that they let you take it for awhile to really test it. What's the warranty on various parts of the system?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is really cool that they let you take it for awhile to really test it. What's the warranty on various parts of the system?
From their website, "AccuAir Suspension offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all AccuAir branded control systems products (including controllers, touchpads, height sensors, manifolds, tanks and accessories) and a One-Year Limited Warranty all non-AccuAir branded products and all other non-control system items (including compressors, shocks and springs)."

Ddays

Hooked
So far, from the minor off roading we've done with this Jeep, it actually does... surprisingly well. As far as speed goes, are you talking about in general or like bombing across the desert? Because, on pavement, it's just as stable as a stock Jeep and ACCUAIR is even FMVSS 126 compliant. Off road, we've pushed it and can say it can go faster on rough desert terrain faster than our stock 392.
Both actually. I was thinking the highway ride may be smoother? How is articulation offroad?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Both actually. I was thinking the highway ride may be smoother? How is articulation offroad?
So, on the highway, I would say that the ride is firm but comfortable. For instance, I really hate the stock ride on Pippi, our 2-door JL and I would even say that it's firmer than our 392 - maybe more like a factory Rubicon with the red shocks. Not bad at all and to be fair, this Jeep is riding on Range D Toyo MT's that were filled to 45 psi. I plan to bring that down to a more reasonable 30-35 and will let you know how it is.

We have not flexed this rig out yet but hope to cover that in an upcoming video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You need a bigger garage !

Definitely an interesting system. I can see it being popular with the overlanding crowd where your payload changes from daily driver to overloaded toy hauler.
LOL - working on it :ROFLMAO:

Also, I totally agree with you. I think this kit is directly aimed at the overland crowd. They are who I see it being the most beneficial for.

Top Bottom