VIDEO : So... What did We Buy?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is going to be a fun build. A build anyone can afford.
good idea.
That's the idea. Would love to reach people who are new to Jeeps or would like to get one but are working on a tight budget.
Congrats on the new addition. 2 Doors, 3 pedals, what more could you ask for to create great memories. I was thinking 392 or 4Xe. During the intro I was leaning more to 4Xe. It's crazy that 9 years ago my pretty basic JKUR didn't cost much more than the base model JL sport.
The 4Xe is nice but totally not worth it to me. Maybe if it had better range I'd be interested.

DMF

As mentioned, that's the plan. To keep this one stockish and share with people how you really don't need to spend tons of money building up a Jeep just to have fun with it.
I thought you said that but I thought I heard wrong. Anyways, Fezzik huh? I miss that thread. Great name!

jesse3638

Hooked
The 4Xe is nice but totally not worth it to me. Maybe if it had better range I'd be interested.
Yeah that was my thoughts too. I had the same reasoning when I was looking for my commuter. I could not justify the price of a hybrid over a base model Sentra. Can't wait to see your plans. Good to hear you like the new gear box.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that was my thoughts too. I had the same reasoning when I was looking for my commuter. I could not justify the price of a hybrid over a base model Sentra. Can't wait to see your plans. Good to hear you like the new gear box.
Oh yeah, there's no way you can justify a Wrangler as a commuter, even a 4Xe. At least, I couldn't.

DanW

This is GREAT! Man, I'd do the same thing, if I could. Looking forward to seeing where it takes you. I think some would be shocked at what a bare bones stock Jeep can do. It'll actually be pretty quick, too, with that powertrain and light weight! My JLUR is a manual, and I absolutely love it! (My JKUR is a manual, too!)

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
I will definitely be following this build. I have a 19 JL 2 dr, that my wife an I don't want to build up like my 09 JKU.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is GREAT! Man, I'd do the same thing, if I could. Looking forward to seeing where it takes you. I think some would be shocked at what a bare bones stock Jeep can do. It'll actually be pretty quick, too, with that powertrain and light weight! My JLUR is a manual, and I absolutely love it! (My JKUR is a manual, too!)
So happy to hear you're liking it! And yes, a stock JL can do amazing things.
I will definitely be following this build. I have a 19 JL 2 dr, that my wife an I don't want to build up like my 09 JKU.
Awesome! :)

rubiDave

Congrats on the new acquisition.👍 I will be watching the progress with interest. It would be cool to have another 2 door on the next New Years run.🤞

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Love the plan. So great to build something anyone can do and use.
there’s so much a jeep can do without the extras.
great job guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the new acquisition.👍 I will be watching the progress with interest. It would be cool to have another 2 door on the next New Years run.🤞
LOL - Now that you mention it, you may have been the only 2-door in the group the last time around. Guess we'll have to fix that. :cool:

FREE2GO

Nice! Love mine, and he definitely has plenty of capability.

Attachments

• 20191126_170557.jpg
    20191126_170557.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom