VIDEO : So... What did We Buy?

DMF

Looking forward to the adventures you take with this two door. I hope it stays stock for awhile so we can see how capable these Jeeps really are.

Elroy231

This is gonna be great. A 2 door and manual.
Congrats on the new jeep. Really excited to watch this take its first steps.
The Griddle sure looks like some good eats!!

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
2 drs, a manual, a real Jeep......what a great project base whatever the buil: ,stock with a few doodads, be it simple (and usually very efficient) or super built up. Love it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats guys! This is gonna be fun to watch what you do with it. We were just at Pertersons Jeep in Nampa. I think Kent is helping all of us “Wayalife” guys. Here is our example of Peterson’s Jeep.
2020 JT Rubicon
Sticker $60K
Sale price $48K
When we walked in the door we were treated like family. They sell and install Mel’s equipment and even have an EVO Manufacturing banner in the showroom. Best car buying experience we ever had.
Glad to hear they treated you right too :)
Congratulation on the new WAL Family member. I had a feeling it will be a two door Jeep.
Let the fun begin!!!!!
LOL - thank you. And, it's already been a ton of fun to drive :)
You can say that again! Hope the prices will go down here in the next few years at least before I buy a wrangler.... lol
It is my sincere hope that Bronco will start to steal customers away from Jeep. With any luck, it'll start to hurt and make Jeep bring prices back down to something more reasonable for more people. Or at least, make one model that is more affordable like they used to. They already have plenty of stupid priced ones.
Absolute excellence! Great inspiration for my 2 door JK sport! Makes me feel a bit better because everyone I know is buying JTs... And I have no plans to LOL!
LOL - I think there are a lot of people out there like you. Hell, I'll even say there are tons more people with a stock 4-door and we're hoping to reach them as well.
Half doors. 🤤 🤤

I will say though. My favorite option. Or should I say option delete? lol Is the manual transmission. I miss rowing gears something fierce.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned this before but the half door was inspired by the Jeepster. For me, it's a big part of what I love about them. As far as the manual goes, I'm with you on that. Cindy and I grew up with them and it's been real nice to get back in a modern one. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep sense had me thinking 2 door (y)

looking forward to the future trips you'll be making!
LOL - you've got keen Jeep sense :D
I know it’s going to be a awesome build, especially since it Red🤙🏼. Looking forward to it.
Well, the idea is to keep it as stockish as possible so I hope we don't disappoint too much :)
What a fun project. Can't wait to see it's transformations as you drive it around town, especially those half doors! I would love to have factory half doors on my JLUR!
Thanks! Love the half doors for sure :)
Very nice, congrats!
Thank you :)
How cool is that. Digging the red 2-dr. 👍Congrats. Maybe my stock 4-dr can hit a trail with ya sooner than later. 😉😎
That would be awesome. This new project of ours isn't so much about it being a 2-door but more about what a stock or stockish Jeep as a whole can do.
awesome a 2 door. now maybe some vendors might start making parts for us. lol
LOL - There really is a big hole when it comes to 2-door parts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to the adventures you take with this two door. I hope it stays stock for awhile so we can see how capable these Jeeps really are.
As mentioned, that's the plan. To keep this one stockish and share with people how you really don't need to spend tons of money building up a Jeep just to have fun with it.
This is gonna be great. A 2 door and manual.
Congrats on the new jeep. Really excited to watch this take its first steps.
The Griddle sure looks like some good eats!!
Thank you :)
Congrats! Can't wait to see your adventures with it.
Thanks! We still have a lot going on but we're hoping to start playing with this new Jeep soon :)
2 drs, a manual, a real Jeep......what a great project base whatever the buil: ,stock with a few doodads, be it simple (and usually very efficient) or super built up. Love it!
Awesome! Glad you're liking this :)

Mando

Wow .. been really wishing you do that ... adventures in a stock (or almost) stock Jeep ... this certainly relates to me and I will follow closely .. please give us your impressions of the manual trans ... I understand is the same but with a new shifter? ... CONGRATS !!!

Spazbyt

Hooked
Congrats on the new Jeep! It's crazy how jeeps have changed over the years. I never thought I'd see a day where manual 2 door jeeps would be the exception. I can't wait to see what this thing can do.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Man the bare bones style reminds me of when I grabbed knuckles. Only upgrades were ac and auto trans! Excited to see how you go about this budget build. Will give me ideas for the new 4 door!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow .. been really wishing you do that ... adventures in a stock (or almost) stock Jeep ... this certainly relates to me and I will follow closely .. please give us your impressions of the manual trans ... I understand is the same but with a new shifter? ... CONGRATS !!!
So, I LOVE the new gear box. Super tight and feels more like a sport car. The clutch is a different story. It kind of has a weird feel that takes some getting used to. Being that reverse is to the left now (You have to pull up a safety ring to engage it - kinda nice), I stalled the first time I tried driving it. I figured that 1st was reverse and was trying to start in 3rd. LOL
Congrats on the new Jeep! It's crazy how jeeps have changed over the years. I never thought I'd see a day where manual 2 door jeeps would be the exception. I can't wait to see what this thing can do.
Crazy for sure. Glad you're liking what we'll be doing :)
Man the bare bones style reminds me of when I grabbed knuckles. Only upgrades were ac and auto trans! Excited to see how you go about this budget build. Will give me ideas for the new 4 door!
Awesome! Glad to hear you're liking this :)

A.J.

Going to be great! A little change up from the big $ builds will be awesome. I know someone who is going to freak when she finds out it’s a manual trans. (Sabrina)

dash68

This is awesome. I've been thinking of doing the same thing and will be eagerly following your build. I am tired of the oversized 4 door options. Wish Jeep would give us the J6.

dpowell5523

I am stupid excited to see what you do with a basic jeep. Really will help encompass the little guy who can't afford a ton of mods. Help them see what the potential is as well as how much fun it can be for a beginning Jeeper.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Going to be great! A little change up from the big $ builds will be awesome. I know someone who is going to freak when she finds out it’s a manual trans. (Sabrina)
Glad you're likin it :)
This is awesome. I've been thinking of doing the same thing and will be eagerly following your build. I am tired of the oversized 4 door options. Wish Jeep would give us the J6.
Cool - hope you enjoy what we bring to the table. :)
I am stupid excited to see what you do with a basic jeep. Really will help encompass the little guy who can't afford a ton of mods. Help them see what the potential is as well as how much fun it can be for a beginning Jeeper.
Awesome! Happy to hear it :)

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Manual!!! Going old school!!
I thought you were going 4XE :)

For those of you who watched our last video, Where in the Hell Have We Been, it should be of no surprise to you that Cindy and I bought ourselves a brand new Jeep. Of course, the question that needs to be asked, is what did we buy and why?

A BIG THANKS needs to go to Kent over at Peterson Ram Jeep in Nampa, Idaho for helping us out on another great deal. It's a hell of a drive for sure but buying through them is always super easy and always worth it.

Help Support WAYALIFE
BUY WAYALIFE SWAG: https://the-wayalife-store.creator-spring.com/?
SHOP OUR AMAZON STORE: https://www.amazon.com/shop/wayalife
BUY a CB BAR: https://bit.ly/2K7kIv6
BUY a JL Air Compressor Mount: https://bit.ly/2SKOREe
BUY a Hitch STINGER: https://bit.ly/2Zh4hCL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Manual!!! Going old school!!
I thought you were going 4XE :)
LOL - the 4Xe is too expensive for what we're wanting to do and really, I'm so disappointed in it's fuel economy. Just 22 mile range using its battery and only has a 370 mile range, total. A Sport 2-door with a 3.6L and manual transmission has a total range of 437.5 miles.

It's funny because, my friend who bought one did so because he was spending a boat load in gas getting to and from work everyday. After doing the math, he figured he could get a 4Xe and come out ahead being that car payments would be less than what he was spending in gas. The reality, is that he's now spending way more money every month being that the 4Xe isn't delivering nearly as much as he was hoping for.

jesse3638

Hooked
Congrats on the new addition. 2 Doors, 3 pedals, what more could you ask for to create great memories. I was thinking 392 or 4Xe. During the intro I was leaning more to 4Xe. It's crazy that 9 years ago my pretty basic JKUR didn't cost much more than the base model JL sport.

Top Bottom