VIDEO : RENEGADE on the ROCKS - Crawling up a Rocky Ledge in a Jeep Renegade

jeeeep

Hooked
Stop posting these clips!

I thought about buying one for my daughter after I saw it at EJS but she wanted a full JKU, she thought the Renegade was ugly but I like them, the test drive was fun.

I'm trying not to buy one after buying another JKU and here you are like the bad devil on my shoulder giving reasons to own one :cheesy:

WJCO

Meme King
Surprising and impressive. Glad you guys are taking it out and testing it and not just modding it for looks.

jeepmojo

not bad for a little bug

nothing id buy ! But for a light duty car it can at least take you off road :thumb: & thats what its all about ( ride it like u stole it)

Attachments

• IMG_3217 (2).jpg
    IMG_3217 (2).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3232 (2).jpg
    IMG_3232 (2).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

cmireles

Thanks! We always like testing out new tires even if they end up sucking and we have run a few that really sucked in the past. That being said, we're real happy with these Cooper STT Pros.

Really happy to hear this, probably gonna buy the pros as my next set [emoji106]🏻

dwvninety

That thing was awesome. I thought about getting one but with the JL just about out I think I'm gonna wait.

chili4x4

This is a short teaser clip of our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk being tested out on the Last Chance Canyon Jeep Trail soon after we installed a brand new 1.5" Daystar lift and a set of 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires. As you will see, we took on a tough rocky ledge about half way through the trail and even though we were hanging tires on more than one occasion, our little Renegade was still able to crawl its way up to the top and under its own power. I hope you enjoy the clip.

Good or bad, we'd love to know what you think of this clip and of the Renegade. :)

Great job!.. I am sure that much of the success was due to a good navigator and good driver... Just goes to show how capable these vehicles really are in the right hands!:clap2:

Damtall55

That was pretty damn cool!! Can't wait to show my girl and get her out of the Nissan Rogue she is driving!! :thumb:

Marvinmwjt

Very nice! Just shows that with proper spotting and driver skill, even a "stock" jeep can still accomplish some trails. Proof that you don't have to have a built jeep just to get outback and enjoy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Stop posting these clips!

I thought about buying one for my daughter after I saw it at EJS but she wanted a full JKU, she thought the Renegade was ugly but I like them, the test drive was fun.

I'm trying not to buy one after buying another JKU and here you are like the bad devil on my shoulder giving reasons to own one :cheesy:

LOL!! I think all Jeeps, Wranglers included all look kind of funny until you help them out a bit. Now that we've started to build up our Renegade, it really looks a lot better. :yup:

Nice little unit maybe I'll pick one up for my girlfriend thanks for the clip

That's awesome. It's a shame these Renegades aren't made by you guys here.

Goes to show what a good spotter and the right line can accomplish. Cool vid!

Yup, both can make more of a difference than all the mods in the world.

Nicely done! :clap2:

Thanks Rachel :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That thing was awesome. I thought about getting one but with the JL just about out I think I'm gonna wait.

Oh yeah, if you're thinking about getting a JL or a Renegade, I would definitely hold out for the JL.

Awesome! Nothing but impressed thus far.

Sweet! That's a very capable little beast! I'm impressed.

Us too. While we were hopeful that the Renegade could perform on the trail, we didn't really know for sure until now. It is without question, way more capable that we're willing to do its thing if only because we don't want to do body damage. Once we can armor up ours up a bit, we'll push it even more. :yup:

Great job!.. I am sure that much of the success was due to a good navigator and good driver... Just goes to show how capable these vehicles really are in the right hands!:clap2:

Not only a nice Jeep, but excellent control over it too. Very nice!:)

Very nice! Just shows that with proper spotting and driver skill, even a "stock" jeep can still accomplish some trails. Proof that you don't have to have a built jeep just to get outback and enjoy.

Who, Tony and I? We're just a couple of keyboard warriors who never get out and wheel our Jeeps :D

Great video, hell I was nervous on that trail with no rockets on my jk!!

As you should be. We scratched up our rocker and door trim a bit and smashed in a mounting tab under the chassis. Fortunately, we are planning to get a set of Daystar rocker guards so some of that will be replaced in the near future.

Top Bottom