VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Who Eats a Gyro with Mayo?

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Great video, interesting finds you collected. Always enjoy looking for things from the past.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that's over the top. It's awesome that the BLM allows collecting, but that people would take advantage and risk ruining it for the rest of us is just bullshit. 😡

Yup, total bullshit. When we were there, you could could see fresh tracks left behind from a backhoe. People go into a place like this to mine the fossils and then sell them. It's shit like this that got everyone clamming up about the location.

It would have been epic if you hit that Rock....and found Gyro Sauce in it.

:cheesy: That would have made the day :crazyeyes:

Great video, interesting finds you collected. Always enjoy looking for things from the past.

Thanks and yes, it's always a ton of fun finding things from the past.

Awesome video as always! Those were some pretty cool finds too.

Glad you liked the video and yes, the fossil finds were very cool :yup:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
If anyone ever asks me what we need a Jeep for I'm sending a link to this vid. Loved it. :thumb::thumb: and a snap!

Ddays

Hooked
Cool video as usual! LOL, the mayo scene was hilarious. Here in the Pittsburgh we put goddam french fries on or in EVERYTHING. Yes, even IN our gyros.
Here's a menu from a Gyro joint by my office. First time I ordered from there I was spitting it out because I missed it on the menu and, well, what the hell is up with
french fries in a Gyro!? :thinking: They hid them in the bottom of the pita so I didn't even see them. Too weird.

Olympos.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been out of pocket for a few weeks, good to come back to a video like this. Looks fun.

Long time no see! Hope you've been well. :cool:

If anyone ever asks me what we need a Jeep for I'm sending a link to this vid. Loved it. :thumb::thumb: and a snap!

LOL!! Awesome, glad to hear you liked it :)

Cool video as usual! LOL, the mayo scene was hilarious. Here in the Pittsburgh we put goddam french fries on or in EVERYTHING. Yes, even IN our gyros.
Here's a menu from a Gyro joint by my office. First time I ordered from there I was spitting it out because I missed it on the menu and, well, what the hell is up with
french fries in a Gyro!? :thinking: They hid them in the bottom of the pita so I didn't even see them. Too weird.

:icon_crazy: Bleh! French fries... really?? :crazyeyes:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Really nice exploring trip, guys! I love the West especially the more remote parts. I appreciate the passion for and sharing of these explorations by you. Vistas, history, geology, and just wrong cusine[emoji849].

The video production features just keep getting better!

Excellent job again, Cindy and Eddie.[emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Great video, that looks really fun. It’s always a great time exploring and taking in some history. As a kid I learned far more doing those types of activities with my family than I ever learned sitting in school.

I am pretty sure you were being tested by Satan with the mayo Gyros. Mayo contamination of food items should always be rejected.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, really :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: Okay, I have to say that sammich looked kinda tasty :crazyeyes:

Really nice exploring trip, guys! I love the West especially the more remote parts. I appreciate the passion for and sharing of these explorations by you. Vistas, history, geology, and just wrong cusine[emoji849].

The video production features just keep getting better!

Excellent job again, Cindy and Eddie.[emoji122]

Hey Et, long time no see. Hope you had a great time in Italy and hope we can get you and Michelle out on another trip with us sometime soon. :yup:

Great video, that looks really fun. It’s always a great time exploring and taking in some history. As a kid I learned far more doing those types of activities with my family than I ever learned sitting in school.

I am pretty sure you were being tested by Satan with the mayo Gyros. Mayo contamination of food items should always be rejected.

:cheesy: Glad you enjoyed the video and yes, it really is a great time exploring.

jesse3638

Hooked
We're truly flattered that you'd say as much, thank you. :cool:

This is all BLM land and collecting is totally legal. If anything, there are people who come out to this place with heavy equipment to dig for fossils and that kinda pisses me off.

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Now that's over the top. It's awesome that the BLM allows collecting, but that people would take advantage and risk ruining it for the rest of us is just bullshit. 😡

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

It's nice that collecting is legal, but you have to follow the rules. Its surface collecting with up to a certain depth of excavating (sorry can't remember the legal depth) with hand tools. You are allowed to collect up to what could fit into an average cars trunk (Yes that is the verbiage..haha) per day. The use of mechanized equipment is prohibited unless proper mining claim permits are issued and a claim is staked. At which point you must show use and improvements to your claim annually and pay the annual permit fee in order to maintain it.

Now I'm on a mission to scour google Earth and seek out the location. Damn desert out there looks all the same though..haha. Very cool for sharing. I love going out and exploring. Lisa and I did that a couple weekends ago in Stoddard Valley on our way to the Slash-X. Finally made my way to RZ spring then showed her Stoddard's Well on our way home. 54 Miles total 46 of them all on dirt.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice that collecting is legal, but you have to follow the rules. Its surface collecting with up to a certain depth of excavating (sorry can't remember the legal depth) with hand tools. You are allowed to collect up to what could fit into an average cars trunk (Yes that is the verbiage..haha) per day. The use of mechanized equipment is prohibited unless proper mining claim permits are issued and a claim is staked. At which point you must show use and improvements to your claim annually and pay the annual permit fee in order to maintain it.

Now I'm on a mission to scour google Earth and seek out the location. Damn desert out there looks all the same though..haha. Very cool for sharing. I love going out and exploring. Lisa and I did that a couple weekends ago in Stoddard Valley on our way to the Slash-X. Finally made my way to RZ spring then showed her Stoddard's Well on our way home. 54 Miles total 46 of them all on dirt.

That's pretty much what I've read from the BLM and why I was pretty pissed to see that a backhoe had come into this area and was literally trenching the site. Being that the area is so remote, I don't know how anyone could stop them.

Glad to hear you got to spend so much time exploring your backyard. The Mojave is one of my favorite places.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I watched this on my big screen tv instead of my phone. The production quality and artistry that Cindy and You bring to your videos has really come a long way since the early days. Really nice. I like the drone work. Great job!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I watched this on my big screen tv instead of my phone. The production quality and artistry that Cindy and You bring to your videos has really come a long way since the early days. Really nice. I like the drone work. Great job!

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. Cindy loves what she does and is always looking for ways to doing things better. The drone is something we've been meaning to incorporate for years but it's only been recently that we've had one small enough to carry with us.

jesse3638

Hooked
That's pretty much what I've read from the BLM and why I was pretty pissed to see that a backhoe had come into this area and was literally trenching the site. Being that the area is so remote, I don't know how anyone could stop them.

Glad to hear you got to spend so much time exploring your backyard. The Mojave is one of my favorite places.

Yeah its stuff like that, that ruins it for everyone. Unfortunately most public lands are so expansive that catching someone is nearly impossible. The only way they caught the guys who cut the petroglyphs out of the rocks outside of Bishop was because they wanted them for yard decor and proudly displayed them.

Edit: Correction, they received an anonymous tip (that was believed to be the thieves) which led authorities to them. It was believed they were taken to be displayed.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah its stuff like that, that ruins it for everyone. Unfortunately most public lands are so expansive that catching someone is nearly impossible. The only way they caught the guys who cut the petroglyphs out of the rocks outside of Bishop was because they wanted them for yard decor and proudly displayed them.

Edit: Correction, they received an anonymous tip (that was believed to be the thieves) which led authorities to them. It was believed they were taken to be displayed.

I remember when that happened. If I recall, there was a panel that was stolen from the Black Mountains as well about the same time. People suck!

Brute

Hooked
Totally dug this short vid...I have a couple comments..

1. Finding fossils brings me back to my youth...something I thoroughly enjoyed before I was a teenager.

2. The acoustic slide guitar music was cool...nothing like a little blues groove to jam to.

3. Make your own tzatziki...it's easy...Greek yogurt, peeled and seeded cukes, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper...throw it into the blender (dill optional)...

Top Bottom