VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

benatc1

Hooked
Been a long 2 weeks with not much end in sight, but catching up on some stuff. Jet Li was super tall coming off the rack but appears to have settled a bit, but still pretty tall. Does appear to be a pretty nice set up, especially for the price. I always liked how my 2" sport lift rode on my old 2 door

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

The funniest part of this video is when Eddie was looking at his jeep saying it looked high and the Cindy said forties and Eddie was like really???
Haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been a long 2 weeks with not much end in sight, but catching up on some stuff. Jet Li was super tall coming off the rack but appears to have settled a bit, but still pretty tall. Does appear to be a pretty nice set up, especially for the price. I always liked how my 2" sport lift rode on my old 2 door

I'm not gonna lie, this is actually a really nice kit and one that rides surprisingly well. I've literally tested out kits that were 2-3x the cost on my JK that weren't as nice.

The funniest part of this video is when Eddie was looking at his jeep saying it looked high and the Cindy said forties and Eddie was like really???
Haha

LOL!! You have no idea how bad of an influence Cindy is. She is the reason why Rubicat had DTD's even though we already had them on Moby and she is the reason why Moby has an LS. :rolleyes2:

jesse3638

Hooked
LOL!! You have no idea how bad of an influence Cindy is. She is the reason why Rubicat had DTD's even though we already had them on Moby and she is the reason why Moby has an LS. :rolleyes2:

For every one finger you point there are three pointing back at you...haha. However the after wanderlust run Lisa wanted better shocks, we now have Kings..haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I'm not gonna lie, this is actually a really nice kit and one that rides surprisingly well. I've literally tested out kits that were 2-3x the cost on my JK that weren't as nice.

Still not sure when, but might be eyeing a shorter kit of theirs to buy time till a much more advanced set up. Or maybe the dynatrac. Both seem like great options

Just think, if the JL wasn't a thing you'd probably have 2 JKs with DTD and LS by now lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For every one finger you point there are three pointing back at you...haha. However the after wanderlust run Lisa wanted better shocks, we now have Kings..haha

:cheesy: Indeed.

Still not sure when, but might be eyeing a shorter kit of theirs to buy time till a much more advanced set up. Or maybe the dynatrac. Both seem like great options

Just think, if the JL wasn't a thing you'd probably have 2 JKs with DTD and LS by now lol.

LOL - so much truth in that statement. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
This looks like a great vid. Did front sway bar relocation not come with the 3.5 kit? This install vid was one of the marathon installs you did before SEMA, right. Curious if that why you kept saying how exhausting it was. More difficult to install than other lifts?

Lol, realized I hit you with a barrage of questions. Great video and li looks awesome. I like the look with a little extra height and 37s. [emoji41][emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This looks like a great vid. Did front sway bar relocation not come with the 3.5 kit? This install vid was one of the marathon installs you did before SEMA, right. Curious if that why you kept saying how exhausting it was. More difficult to install than other lifts?

Lol, realized I hit you with a barrage of questions. Great video and li looks awesome. I like the look with a little extra height and 37s. [emoji41][emoji106]

LOL!! Yes, this was one of the many things we installed 2 days before heading out to SEMA. I apologize for being a lesser man but truth be told, I was beat. :crazyeyes:

Regarding the kit, we just got the springs and shocks being that the rest of the kit wasn't available at the time. I do believe the complete kit comes with replacement links.

i'm usually not a fan of sway bar extensions. but, those look pretty nifty. :thumb:

Yeah, I'm not either but they are pretty stout and got the job done.

Nice video how is the front track bar holding up as it is a rough country, and what about the Rancho shucks? I'm holding out for the gladiator in the diesel version, I wont ever get rid of my jk that jeep has been the best and quite frankly I like the style of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video how is the front track bar holding up as it is a rough country, and what about the Rancho shucks? I'm holding out for the gladiator in the diesel version, I wont ever get rid of my jk that jeep has been the best and quite frankly I like the style of it.

The track bar is holding up fine but I'd really like to get rid of it. Not really a fan of chinese made parts but I was in a pinch and needed something. The RS9000XL's are proving themselves to be surprisingly nice. I actually like them a lot. Oh, and they're made in the USA :usa-flag:

The track bar is holding up fine but I'd really like to get rid of it. Not really a fan of chinese made parts but I was in a pinch and needed something. The RS9000XL's are proving themselves to be surprisingly nice. I actually like them a lot. Oh, and they're made in the USA :usa-flag:

I will put those shocks on my list for my build they are really proving to be a good shock and the fact that they are made in the USA is even better.

Jkratt

Love the look. Waiting to order a new JLUR and trying to make sure whatever I do the baby fits in garage. I hate to ask, but can you tell me the overall height of your jeep?

I know there was a link to tire height, maybe we should have one for overall height. Like me, I only have a standard garage and thieves run amuck so the baby must be locked up at night or somebody gets a 45 between the eyes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the look. Waiting to order a new JLUR and trying to make sure whatever I do the baby fits in garage. I hate to ask, but can you tell me the overall height of your jeep?

I know there was a link to tire height, maybe we should have one for overall height. Like me, I only have a standard garage and thieves run amuck so the baby must be locked up at night or somebody gets a 45 between the eyes.

I'll have to take a new measurement now that our springs have settled but I too have a standard garage up front with a 7' header and even right after installing the lift, I still I fit in just fine even with the soft top on.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I run 3” evo plush rides with 0.5” spacers all around and should be pretty close to 3.5”. Running 37s With front and rear bumpers, skids, sliders, and accessories / light tools and a hard top — I squeak into a 6’5” garage . 1 inch clearance tops .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I run 3” evo plush rides with 0.5” spacers all around and should be pretty close to 3.5”. Running 37s With front and rear bumpers, skids, sliders, and accessories / light tools and a hard top — I squeak into a 6’5” garage . 1 inch clearance tops .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Off topic: Did that kit perfectly level the Jeep? Do you sag in the rear when loaded?

Jkratt

I'll have to take a new measurement now that our springs have settled but I too have a standard garage up front with a 7' header and even right after installing the lift, I still I fit in just fine even with the soft top on.

Thank you very much for the info.

Top Bottom