VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Moby Carried Off the Field / PART 4 [POST & WIN SHOT GLASSES]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the entire series a couple of times, good motivation to get the JK maintained and ready for trail use again :thumb:

Felt your pain/frustration when the issues trailered Moby after waiting so long to get him back and on the trail.

kudos to Robbie at Motech for overnighting what he thought would fix the issue and good to see they were able to find the issue and get Moby back on the road quickly.

Hard to believe JKX has been running for 11 years, always fun to participate even if only on video. Was that the last JKX ever?

shopping cart at the end, you fit in it! actually a bit jealous you can fold up that much to sit all the way in it hahaha

Looking forward to more trails in 2021 :thumb:

LOL - if you can believe it, that was a smaller shopping cart too. I had wanted to use one of the Lowe's one as they are a bit bigger but they were all put away. I had to settle for the smaller Goodwill one we had found :crazyeyes:

I should definitely point out that Motech has been awesome throughout all this and they tried super hard to help me troubleshoot the problem and of course, overnight me potential fixes. Of course, they got right on Moby once we got back and already had an idea of where to start looking. I still would highly recommend them and the LT :yup:

Hope to bring you more videos soon :thumb:

Damn definitely not a way to end a trip. I felt your frustration through the screen. Good thing like you said that it happened at the end of the trip and you still got to wheel the hell out of Moby! I was glad to see it was an easy fix and look forward to more videos of Moby. :thumb:

Thank you my friend, so glad you enjoyed the series and hope to see you out on the trail with us again soon :cool:

fiend

Caught the Bug
VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Moby Carried Off the Field / PART 4 [POST & WIN SHOT GLASSES]

Some awesome wheeling on this year’s JKX. It was fun watching the series. Now excuse me while I go check over some wiring .... 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Thank you my friend, so glad you enjoyed the series and hope to see you out on the trail with us again soon :cool:

Oh yea hoping to get in a JT real soon just waiting until after tax season. Uncle Sam’s going to take money from me this year. [emoji849] Your videos are definitely keeping me motivated though lol Plus gives me more places to explore in the future! [emoji106]

Jsouder53

Hooked
Great series as always! Bummer that the wiring harness was the cause of all your troubles... especially since you couldn’t finish the trip. Good thing it was something simple!

FFPulley77

Hooked
Awesome series, that trip looks like it took a toll on a few rigs. And I enjoyed seeing the 2-doors represented.

Also, looks like you found the only grocery cart in North America without a wobbly front wheel, so that’s a plus...

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Great video/series as always. I’m glad you showed your frustration. It shows it can happen to anyone, anytime. Simple problem and fix once you are off the trail and back home. When you are on the trail it always seems to be harder to figure things out. Good to be with friends. Thanks for the video and can’t wait to see your next adventure.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Seems like I'm always a couple of weeks behind on watching these. While I'm with everyone on the Moby problems sucking, it was the bee sting that got me. :shock:
I was cringing a little watching the swap out of the control unit. It was like watching a Macy's balloon turn a wrench. Hope that didn't hurt as much as it looked like!

Discount Tire

Thank you for a view of our backyard. The Martinez Mine area is amazing.
I guess I missed the update as well. I’m glad to see you in Highway to Hell. My friends and me have done it many times on quads back in the day. We used to spend many weekends out there. Where Moby turned off at the first waterfall one time me and one of my friends from Montana went up Highway to hell to the end and turned back around to run it backwards and a Jeep was stuck, broken in that spot you first shut off. He hears us talking about going to the end and turning around and wondering how we could get around him and he said, just use the go around. When we said what go around, he was like, you mean you went up this? Of course, was my answer. That bigger double water fall just up a ways was a bit tougher.

I always hate to see something break but it happens, we’ve all been there.

The bee sting looks nasty.

It was good to hear the roar of Moby at the end. I look forward to the next adventure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some awesome wheeling on this year’s JKX. It was fun watching the series. Now excuse me while I go check over some wiring .... 🤣

LOL - wheeling was good this year and yeah, going over your wires probably isn't a bad idea :crazyeyes:

Oh yea hoping to get in a JT real soon just waiting until after tax season. Uncle Sam’s going to take money from me this year. [emoji849] Your videos are definitely keeping me motivated though lol Plus gives me more places to explore in the future! [emoji106]

That's awesome! Can't wait to get back out on the trails with you :thumb:

Great series as always! Bummer that the wiring harness was the cause of all your troubles... especially since you couldn’t finish the trip. Good thing it was something simple!

eh, shit happens. Fortunately, it was an easy fix and that we got to do all the fun wheeling first :yup:

Awesome series, that trip looks like it took a toll on a few rigs. And I enjoyed seeing the 2-doors represented.

Also, looks like you found the only grocery cart in North America without a wobbly front wheel, so that’s a plus...

Thanks and keep up the great work!

:cheesy: So funny you'd say as much being that we were trying really hard to find a cart with a wobbly wheel :crazyeyes:

Great video/series as always. I’m glad you showed your frustration. It shows it can happen to anyone, anytime. Simple problem and fix once you are off the trail and back home. When you are on the trail it always seems to be harder to figure things out. Good to be with friends. Thanks for the video and can’t wait to see your next adventure.

Got lucky that Cindy was filming when she was and that she was alert enough to keep the camera rolling. Glad you enjoyed the video :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like I'm always a couple of weeks behind on watching these. While I'm with everyone on the Moby problems sucking, it was the bee sting that got me. :shock:
I was cringing a little watching the swap out of the control unit. It was like watching a Macy's balloon turn a wrench. Hope that didn't hurt as much as it looked like!

LOL - it was uncomfortable but didn't hurt too bad. :crazyeyes:

Thank you for a view of our backyard. The Martinez Mine area is amazing.
I guess I missed the update as well. I’m glad to see you in Highway to Hell. My friends and me have done it many times on quads back in the day. We used to spend many weekends out there. Where Moby turned off at the first waterfall one time me and one of my friends from Montana went up Highway to hell to the end and turned back around to run it backwards and a Jeep was stuck, broken in that spot you first shut off. He hears us talking about going to the end and turning around and wondering how we could get around him and he said, just use the go around. When we said what go around, he was like, you mean you went up this? Of course, was my answer. That bigger double water fall just up a ways was a bit tougher.

I always hate to see something break but it happens, we’ve all been there.

The bee sting looks nasty.

It was good to hear the roar of Moby at the end. I look forward to the next adventure.

Definitely some awesome trails out there for sure. Some of my favorite anywhere. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Picked totally at random, the winner of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Sweet off to watch it now. Been a awesome series so far.

Edit

Just watched it. Couple things

217 views ins the first 15 minutes damn son you popular

Those trails are no joke.

Ain’t it funny how the simple shit bites you in the ass. Glad it was a easy (ish) fix

I was promised more swearing.

Merry Christmas J&k_overland!

wjtstudios

Hooked

Congrats J&K_Overland! That’s a great Christmas surprise

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom