VIDEO : JEEP GLADIATOR Truck Highlights & Close Up Look at the 2018 LA Auto Show

jromney4

At long last....

Been waiting for the JT, like most of you, for some time. Torn between getting the 3.6L now or waiting another year for the diesel engine (with the huge increase in torque and that 8-speed transmission, that's a game changer!). REALLY wish they offered the diesel engine option with the roll-out but, oh well, what's another year matter?

That front camera and removable speaker is boss! Wonder if they will have a tonnenu cover for the bed and if current aftermarket suspension systems work or still need to be develop. Being a longer vehicle (by 30") than the JLUs, a set of 37" or even 38" would look terrific, esp with some AEV wheels.

Any idea on costs? Hopefully much less than the $100k+ Brute AEV packages.

jromney4

If you go up to 37's or 40's, you will have to put the spare in the bed like I did with my Brute...

Maybe modify the tailgate somehow? Might take a lot of doing and not sure how it would look with the lower-profile truck bed and a huge tire popping up.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Thank you Cindy and Eddie for a great first look at the new Gladiator. All I can do now is smile and wait. Did I see Mel is taking reservations for builds? :brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are they officially referring to it as the JT Gladiator or will it be the JL Gladiator?

They are officially referring to it as "Gladiator". To the best of my knowledge and looking at all the shirts I saw Jeep guys wearing, the code letters for it is JT.

Wow great video! I can’t wait to drive one. I might even trade in the JK.
Unfortunately we still haven’t even got the JL down here yet so it might be a while [emoji17]

Your JL's should be coming very soon now.

Been waiting for the JT, like most of you, for some time. Torn between getting the 3.6L now or waiting another year for the diesel engine (with the huge increase in torque and that 8-speed transmission, that's a game changer!). REALLY wish they offered the diesel engine option with the roll-out but, oh well, what's another year matter?

That front camera and removable speaker is boss! Wonder if they will have a tonnenu cover for the bed and if current aftermarket suspension systems work or still need to be develop. Being a longer vehicle (by 30") than the JLUs, a set of 37" or even 38" would look terrific, esp with some AEV wheels.

Any idea on costs? Hopefully much less than the $100k+ Brute AEV packages.

Nobody is talking cost or at least, nobody I know at FCA but it will for sure be more than the JL. Don't think it'll be quite as much as a Brute though.

Thank you Cindy and Eddie for a great first look at the new Gladiator. All I can do now is smile and wait. Did I see Mel is taking reservations for builds? :brows:

Yup, I believe you saw right. :crazyeyes:

Brute

Hooked
I doubt it will cost anything near a Brute...AEV conversions were in an order by order basis...the Gladiator will be in a full scale assembly line production...I'm going to guess a fully loaded Rubicon model to be under $62K...

desertrunner

As much as I love Jeep's and how awesome this thing is. I think price is gonna be an issue. I know it's more capable but my Tacoma TRD off road was $42k to pay over 60 for the gladiator is nuts

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

The JLUR I priced out at my dealership was $55k and it wasnt fully loaded so I would imagine a JTR fully loaded would top $60 and I would never pay that for something I want to go beat up off road. Maybe some day but not any time soon I'll stick with my JK.

if I take into account my modded jk my F150 and my trailer all together then yeah it's probably over what a moded out gladiator Rubi would be but I have more options with 2 vehicles

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

baperkins09

Great Video Eddie and Cindy

Great video ! As Mark & Tony said it has been a long time coming. The team worked so hard to put the blood sweat and tears into it. It is the most capable, and ONLY convertible truck out there! A true one of a kind truck!

Keep up the great work!

Bob

"Heart and Soul"

Andy5160

Hooked
VIDEO : JEEP GLADIATOR Truck Highlights & Close Up Look at the 2018 LA Auto Show

Bad ass truck. JEEP did do a great job.
Wish to see some mods options for sure[emoji106]
The way they presented it was cool indeed

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RSQCON

Yep. That was also for a fully loaded 2 door. I'm guessing that you won't find a dealer giving any decent discounts off sticker price yet. 5-8% if you're lucky?
Not necessarily true. I know of a dealer that has killer dealers even on the new JLs. They have a Rubicon MSRP of $52,440 they are selling it for $46k no hassle. I bought my 17 JKU from them and it was a great experience.

Last edited:

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I have a guy that I work with just pick up a completely fully loaded brand new silver JLUR without any of the warranty issues and had every single option available including the upgraded stereo, etc.....he paid $50k. Granted he paid cash but still got a smoking deal!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

74CJ5

Lol I'm a child of the 70's...manual trucks had 3 speeds, granny, 2nd, and go. Only started in granny if you were going up a hill or needed minimal wheel speed. Pretty much started in second and shifted into 3rd around 15mph. That's where you stayed. At 55 it sounded like the motor was about to explode at 3500 rpms. In fact, my friend blew up his dad's old 72 chevy tooling along at about 75. Low and slow is my moto. I'm in no hurry to get anywhere these days. Sounds like I need to find someone near me with a manual JL to try out. Can't see trading my JK in though. And my garage only holds 3. Yes, it's funny you should ask....I am a bit jealous of Eddie and Cindy's setup. :rock: I need to find a property out in the boonies with shop space measured in acres...

Ha! My old CJ was a three speed and as you said 1st was geared pretty low so you really could just shift once and drop from 2nd to 3rd. Drove that thing from PA to FL with a small U-Haul on the back and a too speed of 55mph going downhill with a tailwind lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom