VIDEO : Hauling a Heavy Load on AIR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video showing the benefits of this suspension for what most people would be using their JT for, hauling stuff/gear or pulling a trailer.
It's funny because when I talk to most people who are looking to lift their Jeep, MOST will never use them as hard or as often as they delude themselves into believing. And, that isn't so much of a problem but when push comes to shove, these people end up regretting what they chose to buy. I think with something like this will actually do what most of these people are really wanting/needing - daily driving stuff and with some weekend recreating here and there.

It's funny because when I talk to most people who are looking to lift their Jeep, MOST will never use them as hard or as often as they delude themselves into believing. And, that isn't so much of a problem but when push comes to shove, these people end up regretting what they chose to buy. I think with something like this will actually do what most of these people are really wanting/needing - daily driving stuff and with some weekend recreating here and there.
Couldn't agree more. Not going to lie, I'd be inclined to buy this right now myself if I had a JT because of the hauling gear/towing factor. Really happy you guys got the opportunity to really test it out and showcase all the benefits of this system.

TrailHunter

Hooked
First thing I install on a work truck is always rear bags to adjust for heavy loads.. its such a simple and effective fix. As a whole package though, I think the Accuair kit does it better… A LOT more money, but you can wheel with it as you’ve proven. Cool video.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First thing I install on a work truck is always rear bags to adjust for heavy loads.. its such a simple and effective fix. As a whole package though, I think the Accuair kit does it better… A LOT more money, but you can wheel with it as you’ve proven. Cool video.
Yup, got a set on my Duramax and don't know what I'd do without them. However, both bags are tied together as opposed to being individually operated like this kit. I should note that ACCUAIR will be releasing a kit just for the rear only I think later on this month and just for this reason.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Eddie - sorry if I missed it, but have you taken pics of where all of the major pieces (tank, control unit, etc.) are placed on the JT related to this kit? I’m interested to see how this all might tie in to some things I already have going on.

jeeeep

Hooked
had I heard or seen preview of this before committing to the LA/coilover, this is the route I would've gone on the JLU and saved some $$$
I'm the Jeeper who fits the type of user profile.

I've seen comments about the price but aside from budget lifts, a good quality lift with shocks is close. I'm confident I've spent at minimum the cost of this if on my JKU lift and multiple changes in coils (to level the weight), shocks etc...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've seen comments about the price but aside from budget lifts, a good quality lift with shocks is close. I'm confident I've spent at minimum the cost of this if on my JKU lift and multiple changes in coils (to level the weight), shocks etc...

100% agree. I’m not sure what lifts those people are looking at, but this kit seems pretty reasonable to me considering everything that’s in it.

When it’s all said and done, I’d love to hear Eddie’s thoughts on what additional things could be added to make this kit even better (like stainless braided air lines). I’m very much leaning toward doing this kit instead of coilovers or even piggy back shocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie - sorry if I missed it, but have you taken pics of where all of the major pieces (tank, control unit, etc.) are placed on the JT related to this kit? I’m interested to see how this all might tie in to some things I already have going on.
For the most part, I show all the major pieces in this video...

However, I'll try to take some specific shots of everything tomorrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
had I heard or seen preview of this before committing to the LA/coilover, this is the route I would've gone on the JLU and saved some $$$
I'm the Jeeper who fits the type of user profile.

Funny thing is, I don't think I'm the Jeeper who fits the type of user profile but... I'd be lying if I said that there wasn't so much about this kit that I really do like!

Also, the balking at the price thing really does leave me scratching my head as well and I think you've broken it down well. Any good quality lift kit will put you right up in the neighborhood or more.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
100% agree. I’m not sure what lifts those people are looking at, but this kit seems pretty reasonable to me considering everything that’s in it.

When it’s all said and done, I’d love to hear Eddie’s thoughts on what additional things could be added to make this kit even better (like stainless braided air lines). I’m very much leaning toward doing this kit instead of coilovers or even piggy back shocks.
It's tough to say what I would do differently at this early point and time. As you've noted, I am not really a fan of nylon hoses but so far, nothing about them has been a problem. Stainless braided lines are to me, always a nice upgrade and if this were my Jeep, I probably would be doing that. The other thing I wasn't too sure of is the location of the air compressor. I think for just about anyone interested in this kit, it'll work fine but I've already trimmed the corners of my Gladiator (due to previous hits) and so, I wouldn't be able to install one there. However, I have little doubt that I could make it work with an ARB and under the hook using one of my ACM's.

benatc1

Hooked
Finally got around to watching this, pretty handy features and anyone who uses their gladiator as a truck could find benefit in this kit. I’ve seen slot of comments about price and all things considering I really don’t think it’s priced high for what you get, the features, maybe people are comparing it to like a king 2.5 shock set up, idk, but it obviously is made for a different reason and market.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to watching this, pretty handy features and anyone who uses their gladiator as a truck could find benefit in this kit. I’ve seen slot of comments about price and all things considering I really don’t think it’s priced high for what you get, the features, maybe people are comparing it to like a king 2.5 shock set up, idk, but it obviously is made for a different reason and market.
I think you're right on on this. This kit is clearly NOT meant for everyone but for the right person, I think it's priced reasonably.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sorry for not getting these up sooner but here are the pics you were wanting.

Air Compressor: This is located under the passenger side rear corner of the Gladiator.
20230208191513-b32d5e2f.jpg

Air Tank & Solenoids: These are mounted on a skid plate and installed on the belly of the Gladiator.
20230208191517-ab845d07.jpg

20230208191519-32c8f18d.jpg

Brains of the ACCUAIR System & Air Chuck: Both are located under the rear driver seat in the Gladiator.
20230208191509-031493b6.jpg

Air Intake for Compressor: This can be found under the hood and next to the air box and radiator.
20230208191521-aeb81ef5.jpg

Front Air Pistons
20230208191525-a7e48489.jpg

20230208191523-15102cfc.jpg

Rear Air Pistons
20230208191529-8fe1dc96.jpg

20230208191527-dd00b5cf.jpg

The Controller
20230208191511-2dff10e6.jpg

Brute

Hooked
There is a lot of truth to this...for most people, the reality is they can only own one Jeep...and for the 5% of time driving on hardcore trails, most of the time it's going to the store to buy beer...

But I must admit, I really like driving to the store for beer listening to a big engine...

benatc1

Hooked
There is a lot of truth to this...for most people, the reality is they can only own one Jeep...and for the 5% of time driving on hardcore trails, most of the time it's going to the store to buy beer...

But I must admit, I really like driving to the store for beer listening to a big engine...
There are definitely worse ways to make a beer run

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thank you Eddie! Those pics are very helpful. I might reach out to Accuair to discuss the possibility of using my existing ARB twin. I think it would be pretty easy to pipe it to the tank underneath and the wiring into the cab controller unit.

Ideally, I’d also still want the functionality of using the air quick disconnect I have on the back of the decked system.

And Brute, don’t think for a minute that I wouldn’t still rock a V8 and tons with this lift. 👍🏼

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Eddie! Those pics are very helpful. I might reach out to Accuair to discuss the possibility of using my existing ARB twin. I think it would be pretty easy to pipe it to the tank underneath and the wiring into the cab controller unit.

Ideally, I’d also still want the functionality of using the air quick disconnect I have on the back of the decked system.

And Brute, don’t think for a minute that I wouldn’t still rock a V8 and tons with this lift. 👍🏼
Glad they helped and I have no doubts that you could get it to work.

I should note that I talked to ACCUAIR and they are planning to release a rear only kit for guys who are only concerned with rear weight.

Top Bottom