VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 3 - NITTO JKX / Takin on Twin Peaks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was entertaining to watch Casey Curry driving so slow...

He was just being extra careful. Being 'that guy', I'm sure the last thing he would have wanted is a bunch of video clips of him doing something stupid.

Flashes of my worst nightmare, not seeing the pitcher or drinking them, only the next day lol

Just got caught up! What a great series so far. I can’t wait for what else you have in store for us! Thanks!

So glad to hear you caught up and still like what you see :)

Once I get home to some better cell service I can watch this and the second part. Looking forward to it.

Safe travels my friend and hope you enjoy the rest of the series :)

I’m glad the bears didn’t cause anymore damage to the campsite [emoji51] awesome video! I definitely need to get out to the rubicon one of these days.

Last one: 34:26

Honestly, I've been doing this for a very long time and this is the first time they've been a problem.

Got caught up today and I’m really enjoying this series! The second part of twin peaks looked changing. Those rocks were making all those 40” tires look small. Thanks again for sharing your adventures!

The rock pile on Twin Peaks is funny in that it doesn't look too bad or at least, not until you get on top of them. Of course, it's never really the same obstacle twice. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
whoa! that was wild... boulder field required finesse, that was great footage.

Kept waiting for something to snapoff on the camera gear setup, i would've looked for the bypass lol

I don't think the can protected the hash, bear knew what was in there :cheesy:

next guess... 43:56 :thumb:

The crazy thing about the camera gear is that it was fully suspended with shocks and everything. Only problem was, they started to over heat. I think they needed to upgrade to Kings LOL.

Crazy to think how far people have gone with their JKs
Correct me if I'm wrong but every single person is on 1 tons and 40s and half of the group with V8s....
And sadly no 2 doors this JKX?

5 JK’s with V8’s. All on 40’s but the crew.

What Bubba said ^^^^

pop2tu

Great video. It’s hard to believe how easily those boulders roll around. The best line changes as soon as you move a boulder. Good to see everyone work together to repair Bubba’s Jeep. I think next video will be 37:00

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. It’s hard to believe how easily those boulders roll around. The best line changes as soon as you move a boulder. Good to see everyone work together to repair Bubba’s Jeep. I think next video will be 37:00

LOL - what's hard to believe is how big the boulders are and how they still roll around :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Part three was a great treat after a weekend of camping with friends!

Part four 37:50

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Just caught up on part 2 & 3. Great videos, beautiful scenery. Hope to get up that way soon to do the Rubicon.

40:11 for part 4?

It's a trip every Jeep needs to do at least once. :yup:

Finally got caught up on all your recent videos. Great content!!! This trip looks like it was amazing

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! This has got to be the closest yet!!

I’m glad the bears didn’t cause anymore damage to the campsite [emoji51] awesome video! I definitely need to get out to the rubicon one of these days.

Last one: 34:26

Congratulations Jsounder53!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Curious on the three link Bubba. Forgot to ask the other day when I watched it. Is that an evo upper control arm? Could be the video but things just seemed to look off.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Exodus 4x4

Lol I saw that. Was it a three link with an evo upper on on side of the axle? Never seen anything like it so was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yeah. I just took the drivers side arm off. When I built the 9” axles there wasn’t room for a link on that side, so it was left out. Andrew and I talked about it when I built the axles and concluded it’s fine to run it that way. Mel recommended a larger bolt for that link than what was in there would be better, so eventually I’ll change it out to 5/8. Interestingly enough, it was fine the rest of the trip.

Exodus 4x4

Glad it didn't decide to come apart at the dunes. That might have made a mess of things.

It’s funny when Jeep parts will break, most of the time. You’d think that landing at the dunes would’ve destroyed that bolt again but it didn’t. I suspect it was probably damaged a while back and the swift pace of the Rubicon finished it off. I actually meant to replace that bolt before we left just in case it might’ve had a fracture, but just ran out of time.

Top Bottom