VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 3 - NITTO JKX / Takin on Twin Peaks

USMC Wrangler

Bubba, I know you weren’t really looking forward to reliving this day via video, but that was awesome to see everyone dive in. Mel doing his metal work, Eddie diving in with his infamous spare bolts and everyone else just helping out. Sucks to break but always awesome to see the teamwork.

Twin Peaks looks like one hell of a stretch. Cool and shitty at the same time with the ground moving around on you.

I’m not into fancy drinks, but after I run The Rubicon some day, I’ll try one of those rock hard wet woody’s!

Loved the video of course! Thanks!

Part 4...45:20...again [emoji6]

JAGS

Hooked
Kicked out another great vid guys. Not sure I’ll ever have s Jeep equipped enough and my skills advanced enough, but damn, looks like a hella good time!! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to part 4.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool! Always enjoy all your videos.
Don't think my ruby could make it up that rock pile without a lot of damage. Only have 35" tires, 3.5" Evo long arm lift, pro rock 44 frt. axle, stock Dana 44 rear axle.
Can't wait for part 4. My guess is 35 minutes in length.

Yeah, don't know if I'd try it with 35's. As you can see, it can be a challenge for a Jeep running 40s. :crazyeyes:

Great video as always. Moby looks he doesn't have winch anymore

Yeah, his new 9.5XP is really nice and compact. While I do miss the PowerPlant, I love how much faster this thing is and of course, it lets a lot more air into the radiator.

Way cool can’t wait for the next video. Yea they can keep that jack for that price I’ll stick to my Harbor Freight bottle jack and some wooden blocks.
Part4. 27 minutes

LOL - The price really is out of this world. So many mods I'd rather have with that kind of money.

Another great edition! Twin peaks looks like it's no joke. Lots of action for 1 day! When Adam and I finished the Rubicon I had exactly 1 of those wet woody's and it was all I needed! Think I took down 2 or 3 last summer, and paid for it lol

LOL - you and me both. If I have anymore than one, I'm done for the night. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for keeping the videos coming. Great times were had by all I’m sure. Is with the parts and experience sure make trail repairs look easy.

You know it’s going to get bad when they start bringing them out in pitchers. I don’t know who got them to do that maybe Trailbud. Paid for it dearly he next day...haha.

LOL - the shit really gets real when the pitchers come out :crazyeyes:

Twin Peaks made the last leg of the Rubicon look like a fire road.....

39:59

You know, there are years when Cadillac Hill can be pretty nasty. I mean, people have died on it but this time around, it really did feel like a fire road.

Bubba, I know you weren’t really looking forward to reliving this day via video, but that was awesome to see everyone dive in. Mel doing his metal work, Eddie diving in with his infamous spare bolts and everyone else just helping out. Sucks to break but always awesome to see the teamwork.

Twin Peaks looks like one hell of a stretch. Cool and shitty at the same time with the ground moving around on you.

I’m not into fancy drinks, but after I run The Rubicon some day, I’ll try one of those rock hard wet woody’s!

Loved the video of course! Thanks!

Part 4...45:20...again [emoji6]

LOL - Rock Hard Wet Woodies after the Rubicon have been a tradition of ours for a very long time. They're tasty, easy to drink, cost a small fortune and will sneak up on you and knock you on your ass. :cheesy:

Great video, really enjoyed watching it.

Awesome, so glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

Kicked out another great vid guys. Not sure I’ll ever have s Jeep equipped enough and my skills advanced enough, but damn, looks like a hella good time!! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to part 4.

You only learn by doing. :yup:

That was a lot of fun to watch!!
And the BEARS!!!! Wow! You had a bear CANister built in. :)

:cheesy: As a matter of fact, yes we did :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was another awesome video! Great job guys. That Twin Peaks looks cool til the rocks start rolling out from under you.

The crazy thing about it is that the rocks aren't small and they still roll around :crazyeyes:

jdofmemi

Great video.

Love the Twin Peaks climb. Looks like the kind of place where I can get in all kinds of trouble.

Definitely an extra credit trail, for after the Rubicon, and when not in a hurry to get home.

Looking forward to part 4, especially Bubba getting frequent flyer miles!

Last one at 34:30

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video.

Love the Twin Peaks climb. Looks like the kind of place where I can get in all kinds of trouble.

Definitely an extra credit trail, for after the Rubicon, and when not in a hurry to get home.

Looking forward to part 4, especially Bubba getting frequent flyer miles!

Last one at 34:30

LOL at "frequent flyer miles" :cheesy:

Finally caught up on part 3. Can’t even begin to imagine how big that boulder field really is in person. Pictures and video as we all know doesn’t really do it justice. The fact that only a couple rigs made it unassisted tells all there is to know. Moby is still king and Randy is a badass. Can’t wait for part 4 that I’m guessing will come in somewhere around 36:30

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally caught up on part 3. Can’t even begin to imagine how big that boulder field really is in person. Pictures and video as we all know doesn’t really do it justice. The fact that only a couple rigs made it unassisted tells all there is to know. Moby is still king and Randy is a badass. Can’t wait for part 4 that I’m guessing will come in somewhere around 36:30

It's pretty wide and so you can approach it any number of ways. Clearly, there are easier ways up but even they require a degree of finesse.

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for keeping the videos coming. Great times were had by all I’m sure. Is with the parts and experience sure make trail repairs look easy.

You know it’s going to get bad when they start bringing them out in pitchers. I don’t know who got them to do that maybe Trailbud. Paid for it dearly he next day...haha.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flashes of my worst nightmare, not seeing the pitcher or drinking them, only the next day lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m glad the bears didn’t cause anymore damage to the campsite [emoji51] awesome video! I definitely need to get out to the rubicon one of these days.

Last one: 34:26

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Got caught up today and I’m really enjoying this series! The second part of twin peaks looked changing. Those rocks were making all those 40” tires look small. Thanks again for sharing your adventures!

jeeeep

Hooked
whoa! that was wild... boulder field required finesse, that was great footage.

Kept waiting for something to snapoff on the camera gear setup, i would've looked for the bypass lol

I don't think the can protected the hash, bear knew what was in there :cheesy:

next guess... 43:56 :thumb:

desertrunner

Crazy to think how far people have gone with their JKs
Correct me if I'm wrong but every single person is on 1 tons and 40s and half of the group with V8s....
And sadly no 2 doors this JKX?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom