VIDEO : ACCUAIR Air Suspension System Questions Answered

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that the ACCUAIR air suspension system for a Jeep JT Gladiator, JL Wrangler and even JK Wrangler is new, there have been a lot of questions regarding it. And, in this video, Cindy and I hope to answer a few of them and highlight other aspects of the kit that we think you might be interested in as well. Some of what we cover includes, what all comes with the kit, how does it all work, ride quality across the spectrum, air bag durability and we even talk about additional upgrades we would recommend. Last but not least, you'll get to see a full view of this Jeep Gladiator being raised up and lowered by the air suspension system and in real time.

If you're interested in this project we're testing, a LOT more information on it can be found on this members only thread:

BUY WAYALIFE T-shirts & SWAG: https://wayalife.myspreadshop.ca/
SHOP OUR AMAZON STORE: https://www.amazon.com/shop/wayalife

#jeep #accuair #airsuspension #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #overland #overlanding

* Please note that the Amazon links posted are associate links and purchases made through them will help support this channel.

Robar

The Enforcer
I'm very interested in this lift. Hoping to see some videos of the self-leveling capabilities and of course of off-road coolness.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm very interested in this lift. Hoping to see some videos of the self-leveling capabilities and of course of off-road coolness.
Cool! We have a video in the works now that I think will show off the self-leveling capabilities. Off road coolness is coming as well :)

Robar

The Enforcer
You recommend a front drive shaft. What about a drag link flip? Any issues with bump steer?

Thanks! Glad to finally be making videos of this thing again. I have to say, we're really liking how much we can do with this Jeep :)
That’s awesome to hear. I bet with some better bars and control arms this would be like a normal rig but much more flexible.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You recommend a front drive shaft. What about a drag link flip? Any issues with bump steer?
This Jeep does not have one installed and so far, I haven't seen a need for it. Granted, my JT with coilovers doesn't have a drag link flip and I don't really feel a need for one on it either.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s awesome to hear. I bet with some better bars and control arms this would be like a normal rig but much more flexible.
Oh yeah, totally feels and drives like a normal Jeep - in my opinion, maybe more comfortably too but the flexibility does come at a price. Clearly, not a kit for everyone but so far, I really like it.

Robar

The Enforcer
This Jeep does not have one installed and so far, I haven't seen a need for it. Granted, my JT with coilovers doesn't have a drag link flip and I don't really feel a need for one on it either.
4.5" default lift. This will force me to by 37s too. SMH 😬

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
4.5" default lift. This will force me to by 37s too. SMH 😬
LOL - well, you don't have to but your Jeep sure would look a heck of a lot better with them. And, as you could see in this video, you can set the suspension to the bumps and get it and out just like it were stock and still on tiny tires. (y)

jeeeep

Hooked
I really like the idea of dropping the ride for easy in and out - I must be feeling old lol

While I like the rockslide steps, I'm toying with the idea of removing them and putting the LOD's back on.

The auto default ride height engagement is pretty cool feature and changing ride height is much faster than what I thought it would be, plus a 100,000 mile warranty, wow, that's fantastic!

If I didn't already have the LA installed on the JLU, for how often I'm able to enjoy the trails this would have been a good setup for me and saved me some $$

Looking forward to your other suspension tests (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the idea of dropping the ride for easy in and out - I must be feeling old lol

While I like the rockslide steps, I'm toying with the idea of removing them and putting the LOD's back on.

The auto default ride height engagement is pretty cool feature and changing ride height is much faster than what I thought it would be, plus a 100,000 mile warranty, wow, that's fantastic!

If I didn't already have the LA installed on the JLU, for how often I'm able to enjoy the trails this would have been a good setup for me and saved me some $$

Looking forward to your other suspension tests (y)
LOL - I don't think of myself as being that old but still can appreciate how easy it is to get in and out of when lowered to the bumps and yes, it really does raise and lower super fast.

more videos coming soon too :)

Awesome answers to good questions! Happy to see coverage on this again and am looking forward to more. It was cool to see it in person as well, definitely intriguing it's all bolt on too. Seemed to lift and lower quick, definitely a high quality system. Eager to see it off road next 👍

black pearl

Hooked
I seen a guy on the rubicon last year with a system similar to this. Seemed neat but in talking to him it had some room for improvement, but at the same time opened a few doors in other areas.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Really is a neat lift for the adjustability in it. So will the rear auto level if you have a few hundred pounds in the bed or say a trailer on the hitch to stay flat?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome answers to good questions! Happy to see coverage on this again and am looking forward to more. It was cool to see it in person as well, definitely intriguing it's all bolt on too. Seemed to lift and lower quick, definitely a high quality system. Eager to see it off road next 👍
I think how fast it goes up and down is something that a lot of people weren't expecting to see. It really is impressive and fun 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I seen a guy on the rubicon last year with a system similar to this. Seemed neat but in talking to him it had some room for improvement, but at the same time opened a few doors in other areas.
Is what you saw on a TJ or a JL/JT? If it was the prior, that was an old Airock system and yes, it does use air bags but no, it's nowhere close to being this kit. What makes ACCUAIR so cool is the computer that makes it all work.

Top Bottom