Uwharrie Ride - 6/11/16

There is a place called Gulches in SC that would be closer to Greenville than Uwharrie and is apparently more challenging. Also, if you are driving down to Greenville from the North, Windrock is a MUST if you haven't hit it yet. That would fill 4 weekends easily haha.

I think its worth mention that Gulches unless your willing to drive it like you stole it there isnt a whole lot there. Its a small place so not much "trail riding". Not sure I would say its that nasty of a place but definitely geared more toward a built rig.

I think its worth mention that Gulches unless your willing to drive it like you stole it there isnt a whole lot there. Its a small place so not much "trail riding". Not sure I would say its that nasty of a place but definitely geared more toward a built rig.

Cool, thanks for adding. I've never been.

Gulches info

I haven't been to Uwharrie or Gulches but both are on the plan for this summer. I might make it up there this weekend but from Florida it is a little bit of a ride.

Honestly, you can knock out the tougher trails in about 5-6 hours, so no, not a full weekend trip. There is a large private swath of land across the road owned by an Offroad training center that apparently has more trails than the national forest does. I plan on swinging by on Saturday and talking with them to try to figure out if we can piece the 2 together to make it a full weekend trip in the future for forum members. Will report back.

If you do that and give me enough heads up, I'll be there!

Have to check the schedule, but I may take the trip out there. Gotta make the most of the annual pass.

Edit: as long as you don't mind dragging me up Daniel again, if needed.

So you shake loose from work or what? The ledge is calling your name.

Not looking good for this weekend man. I'm dying for another shot at that ledge.

Let me know when you want to head this way and we'll hit windrock.

Sounds good. I'll see be at Uwharrie a few more times this summer too so I'll be sure to give you more notice next time, that way my fault on this one. Take it easy man.

Ok, so myself, JKWebbie, and one more rig from Charlotte (JKU on 37s) will be meeting at the Eldorado Outpost / BP at 9:45 to air down and disco, and then plan on rolling out at 10. We will be hitting Dutch John, Dickie Bell, and Daniel (in that order), all climbing up. I plan to be back at Eldorado by 3ish to air up and hit the road.

Anyone else care to join? DMDaniels, you still planning on bringing your crew of 4? Will they be able to hang on the more difficult trails / or have a winch?

One final bump. As it stands now, there will be 7 total rigs. Right in the sweet spot for covering ground but still making it a social event.

Had a great time out there today, no breaks or incidents while we were on the trails. Everyone made it up Daniel and no winches required. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684706.286480.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684716.274189.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684730.413560.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684739.467907.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684748.013079.jpg

Saw a couple of sweet old rigs too, wish I took more pictures ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684785.908729.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684796.261847.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465684804.724839.jpg

Top Bottom