Uwharrie Ride - 6/11/16

swampdog

Myself and a friend will be hitting up Uwharrie for 4 or 5 hours this Saturday, 6/11/16. We will be doing the tougher trails (Daniel, Dutch John, Dickie Bell) and would like to invite anyone else who wants to join. Just kind of threw this idea together today so sorry for the last minute notice. It won't be an all day thing for us, but I would assume we would be getting there at 10 and running the trails for 4 or 5 hours.

I know JKWebbie has shown interest in joining, any other takers?

Jeep dad

Wish we could also but done made plans to wheel friday. Guy at work want his first offroad outing in his jeep.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Danget I'll be on the farm this weekend gurrrrr
Do appreciate the invitation though my whole month of June has got me busy even the day after my Bday

Last edited:

Dubzy

Have to check the schedule, but I may take the trip out there. Gotta make the most of the annual pass.

Edit: as long as you don't mind dragging me up Daniel again, if needed.

Sullivan

How is that area? I am from Chicago but wife's sister is in Greenville,SC and I've been wanting to take a trip out there. Are the trails challenging and enough to do for a few days of hard wheeling?

swampdog

Have to check the schedule, but I may take the trip out there. Gotta make the most of the annual pass.

Edit: as long as you don't mind dragging me up Daniel again, if needed.

It should be dry this weekend so you have no excuse to need a winch this time!!

swampdog

How is that area? I am from Chicago but wife's sister is in Greenville,SC and I've been wanting to take a trip out there. Are the trails challenging and enough to do for a few days of hard wheeling?

Honestly, you can knock out the tougher trails in about 5-6 hours, so no, not a full weekend trip. There is a large private swath of land across the road owned by an Offroad training center that apparently has more trails than the national forest does. I plan on swinging by on Saturday and talking with them to try to figure out if we can piece the 2 together to make it a full weekend trip in the future for forum members. Will report back.

D

dmdaniels1

I will be out there all weekend with about 4 other rigs so count me in!

Sullivan

Honestly, you can knock out the tougher trails in about 5-6 hours, so no, not a full weekend trip. There is a large private swath of land across the road owned by an Offroad training center that apparently has more trails than the national forest does. I plan on swinging by on Saturday and talking with them to try to figure out if we can piece the 2 together to make it a full weekend trip in the future for forum members. Will report back.

Ok thanks. Good to know. Was hoping for more places to wheel out there.

swampdog

There is a place called Gulches in SC that would be closer to Greenville than Uwharrie and is apparently more challenging. Also, if you are driving down to Greenville from the North, Windrock is a MUST if you haven't hit it yet. That would fill 4 weekends easily haha.

TennJK

There is a place called Gulches in SC that would be closer to Greenville than Uwharrie and is apparently more challenging. Also, if you are driving down to Greenville from the North, Windrock is a MUST if you haven't hit it yet. That would fill 4 weekends easily haha.

I've been to windrock probably close to 7-8 times and still haven't gotten across the whole property lol. It's insane how large it is

Sullivan

Yeah, did Windrock last fall. It kicked my ass. Might go back this fall but it's on my short list. Trail 40,40a, 41 was gnarly. Especially after they had major rain come thru for 2 days before we got there. The wash out was bad.
You know it's bad when a group of jeeps on 37's with lockers has to stop and help another group in rock bouncers.

thardy

Banned
Yeah, did Windrock last fall. It kicked my ass. Might go back this fall but it's on my short list. Trail 40,40a, 41 was gnarly. Especially after they had major rain come thru for 2 days before we got there. The wash out was bad.
You know it's bad when a group of jeeps on 37's with lockers has to stop and help another group in rock bouncers.

Join us for the End of Summer run at Windrock in August!

Last edited:

Sullivan

Join us for the End of Summer run at Windrock in August!

I will have to see but keep informed on what the date is. I have a bunch of trips in the works but no firm dates yet.
Went to KOH last year but didn't bring the jeep. Just went to spectate. Want to trailer jeep out there this year. Also want to hit Moab and possibly Hot Springs, AR.

thardy

Banned
Wow, that's a hell of a group. At least it's big enough to have a large group. But gonna be some long days getting thru some of them obstacles with all those rigs at once.

Oh no, it's going to be divided up into run groups of about 8 rigs. It would be miserable to try and have everyone in a group together.

Top Bottom