Upgrading to the next level RDE2ROK

or a suck down wench :)

Question, why add a suck down winch instead or routing or winch cable instead (more weight savings)?

As far as fuel cells I have run the stock lines and extended. Are you sunking it on the bed or running above the tub? Mine was above the tub, behind teh rear seat,. Couple issues were the space killed and once ina while a bit of fuel smell. You can also route your lines nicely so in case of a roll you will not have gas dripping inside the cab (no good).

Check online for FATS (fuel air trap system). There is a great write up from Billavista on how to properly set up a fuel cel and FATS system here:

http://billavista.com/tech/Articles/Fuel_Cell/index.html

fats4_small.jpg

On mine, I run somewhat similar to this:
FuelVent.jpg

Gui

or a suck down wench :)

Question, why add a suck down winch instead or routing or winch cable instead (more weight savings)?

As far as fuel cells I have run the stock lines and extended. Are you sunking it on the bed or running above the tub? Mine was above the tub, behind teh rear seat,. Couple issues were the space killed and once ina while a bit of fuel smell. You can also route your lines nicely so in case of a roll you will not have gas dripping inside the cab (no good).

Check online for FATS (fuel air trap system). There is a great write up from Billavista on how to properly set up a fuel cel and FATS system here:

http://billavista.com/tech/Articles/Fuel_Cell/index.html

fats4_small.jpg

On mine, I run somewhat similar to this:
FuelVent.jpg

Gui

My Juggy is set up using the winch on the front as a suck down. Nothing wrong with doing that but unless you front end is stretched out there cable is pulled way back and Ive seen cables severed from being smashed between rocks and the bumper like that.

I plan to put it right behind the gate in the tub. Once I did my junk yard axle swap the new diff is sitting on the factory tank. My Juggy also has the vent line ran up to the cage and looped then ran back down. Its been over multiple times without any leaking problems just a ton of oil lol.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464804622.816028.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464804751.415485.jpg

my front end is not stretched so that is why I need the suckdown winch. So that answer was correct!
My fuel tank is not a cell, just a tank. It is a Jazz but we cut. The top to install my same stock fuel pump. We did have to lengthen the pick-up/float for the depth of the tank.it sits inside the tub, so we just lengthened the fuel lines. The EVAP canister must sit above the tank to work properly. The main vent line that goes to the EVAP also has a rollover check valve so gas won't spill out if rolled. I don't have any issues of gas fumes, everything works properly and it just passed my bi-annual emissions test.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

RD@ROK very clean setup and love how you used th skid over the evap, cool idea! Any ay to move that outta there (i.e. next to the tank of by the rear cubby hole?

For the suck down winch what I have done on my previous Jeeps and buggies was to have an access area behind the mounting plate so the line could be moved and run from there (disconnect hook and re-route when needed), or used a loop under the frame and loop welded to the center of axle for suckdown. Crappy pic below, and I was not using (and should have :D) used the suck down on this climb. On the center by the Ram I had a hoop and re-routed the winch cable from the back as needed:

IMGP0298.jpg

But I agree, having it ready to go whenever you need it is a huge plus!

Last edited:
RD@ROK very clean setup and love how you used th skid over the evap, cool idea! Any ay to move that outta there (i.e. next to the tank of by the rear cubby hole?

For the suck down winch what I have done on my previous Jeeps and buggies was to have an access area behind the mounting plate so the line could be moved and run from there (disconnect hook and re-route when needed), or used a loop under the frame and loop welded to the center of axle for suckdown. Crappy pic below, and I was not using (and should have :D) used the suck down on this climb. On the center by the Ram I had a hoop and re-routed the winch cable from the back as needed:

IMGP0298.jpg

But I agree, having it ready to go whenever you need it is a huge plus!

The problem is the EVAP canister is it has sit above the tank or it will fill up with fuel,trust me I tried!:doh: there wasn't anywhere else to put it elevated, but hiding it with the skid helped.

One day in the future I am going to 4-link the front and stretch it forward. Then I will be able to use the big winch.

Looking good!!!! Did you shut off your hot water heater before spraying? Looking at your masking job, I'm gonna guess you've done a lot of painting before. [emoji6]

Looking good!!!! Did you shut off your hot water heater before spraying? Looking at your masking job, I'm gonna guess you've done a lot of painting before. [emoji6]

Water heater is electric. I used to work in a few different body shops years ago. I still have all my tools though and kinda know what to do.

Looking at these pictures, your Jeep would look badass all black as well [emoji108]

Ha Ha, it's slowly getting there!

Not only do you have my favorite crawler, but you're a hell of a captain! That video where you backed up on that big metal cube on 3 wheels? Damn.

Top Bottom