UD60s / Fusion 60s

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ive heard great things about Synergy and RPM so open to them as well.

Good point about waiting to upgrade rear until I bend a flange. Upgrade front ahead of breakage or keep spares?

I have a question - Why do you not like Teraflex? Did something happen? I understand why you like Dynatrac (great products and personal friends of yours, though I feel like you have always been honest about their products). Just wondering why the dislike for Tera.
If you can afford to make the front axle upgrade now, I might consider it especially if you have a Rubicon and your front axle is still straight. This is something you can sell and use the money to help pay for your upgrade.

Regarding TeraFlex, I've personally installed and tested out a myriad of their products and have found many of them to be, just okay. A lot of this is because their stuff is made in China - don't let the "designed and assembled in the USA" thing fool you. But, the biggest problem I have with them is that I have seen a lot of their stuff break. Critical things like track bars, control arm mounts and even on their own rigs but the one that got me the most was their tire carrier breaking. This was very serious and potentially life threating and rather than issue a recall like they should have, they just quietly replaced ones that customers called in to say was broken and then re-designed the part. This is true of their track bars as well. To me, this kind of business practice is shameful. To put money before the safety of others is not something I want to support.

Here are just a few examples of what I'm talking about.

One of the reasons I think you and your company has such a great name is because you are honest. Brutely honest. Thats all I want in this world :D
LOL - I'm glad you feel this way. I know that I'm also one of the most hated out there because of it.

lloydrage

If you can afford to make the front axle upgrade now, I might consider it especially if you have a Rubicon and your front axle is still straight. This is something you can sell and use the money to help pay for your upgrade.

Regarding TeraFlex, I've personally installed and tested out a myriad of their products and have found many of them to be, just okay. A lot of this is because their stuff is made in China - don't let the "designed and assembled in the USA" thing fool you. But, the biggest problem I have with them is that I have seen a lot of their stuff break. Critical things like track bars, control arm mounts and even on their own rigs but the one that got me the most was their tire carrier breaking. This was very serious and potentially life threating and rather than issue a recall like they should have, they just quietly replaced ones that customers called in to say was broken and then re-designed the part. This is true of their track bars as well. To me, this kind of business practice is shameful. To put money before the safety of others is not something I want to support.

Here are just a few examples of what I'm talking about.

LOL - I'm glad you feel this way. I know that I'm also one of the most hated out there because of it.
You're not the only one who gets in trouble for honesty. I just feel like no need to sugarcoat shit. I personally havent had any issues with TFs stuff but I also understand others may have.

Thanks again for all of the input, I really appreciate it. Maybe I will get a PR44 ordered for Christmas :D

bekel

Not sure the wait time on the fusions but id put money on its less that dynatrac haha. I kind of like to optional width too. if dreams come true ill stretch the 2dr and id like to not cut into the middle of the tub so being able to outboard or frame notch for the coil overs is how id like to do i

Not sure the wait time on the fusions but id put money on its less that dynatrac haha. I kind of like to optional width too. if dreams come true ill stretch the 2dr and id like to not cut into the middle of the tub so being able to outboard or frame notch for the coil overs is how id like to do it.
ordered my dynatracs this summer still no shipping date set for them hoping soon planning a trip to moab in may an want to get them in before that happens

JimLee

Hooked
ordered my dynatracs this summer still no shipping date set for them hoping soon planning a trip to moab in may an want to get them in before that happens
I ordered Dynatracs Thanksgiving of 2020, picked them up late July of 2021. It's a wait, but worth it in my opinion. Now, to get off my ass and get them installed.
procrastinators-unite-tomorrow-black--white-canvas.jpg

JimLee

Hooked
Yea, they've had a huge backlog on receiving their pumpkin castings from the forge is what I was told, and then it was axle shafts, they also sat for a while waiting on the ARB lockers. Looks like everything they don't make in house really. I did get Iron knuckles without asking instead of aluminum, which is a plus in my opinion. My Kings took just as long actually, I ordered during the worldwide shutdown/panic though, so I was prepared for a wait.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, they've had a huge backlog on receiving their pumpkin castings from the forge is what I was told, and then it was axle shafts, they also sat for a while waiting on the ARB lockers. Looks like everything they don't make in house really. I did get Iron knuckles without asking instead of aluminum, which is a plus in my opinion. My Kings took just as long actually, I ordered during the worldwide shutdown/panic though, so I was prepared for a wait.
Glad you were willing and happy to wait for a well made axle but to be clear, people were having to wait that long even, before the virus shit show.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Can the e-lockers be added easily. My JT didn’t have them from the factory
I'd be curious about this too. Did you get the max tow? From my understanding the max tow axles and rubicon axles are identical (minus the lockers themselves).

CalSgt

Hooked
Here's another vote for the Synergy steering products, mine have held up great... They're made in the US, and I've met several Polyperformance / Synergy employees out and about over the years and so far they have all seemed to be great people.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
If you can get the custom width you want I'd go that route. Getting the right scrub radius makes a bigger difference than people think. With the standard UD60s it seems like you have to push the wheel way out to clear everything.

I have been running UD60’s for a few years now on 40’s behind my LS. I addressed the brackets with artec apex trusses and brackets especially since i have the extra torque from the V8. They have held up great to lots of hard wheeling all across Colorado, Utah and Arizona. I would definitely buy them again. I like being able to get parts at any parts house if something does break. With Dynatrac and Currie my friends have waited an entire wheeling season for replacement parts. The E-lockers have also given me no problems.

Attachments

• 5DA6A60D-0969-496A-90E8-E97A4795C836.jpeg
    5DA6A60D-0969-496A-90E8-E97A4795C836.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 5069F4D9-55E0-48A6-AEA2-693026FDAB44.jpeg
    5069F4D9-55E0-48A6-AEA2-693026FDAB44.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 29

desertrunner

Gonna revive this thread, looking for an end of 2023 update on the go to 1 tons. Hopeful to pull the trigger on a set in the spring.
Seems like bang for the buck and have them within a week the UD60s are still good but they aren't as "bullet proof" as some of the other options? but save a few grand for some great axles and parts are easy to find?
Dynatrac still taking 8 months to get a set?
My previous front runner in my mind was a Fusion 60/13 set. seems to be some of the best strength for the money, more complete than the UD60s, get them way faster than the Dynatracs, and good customer service as of 2021. people still happy with their fusions?

Being that my 2dr is a bit lighter than the 4drs i probably dont need the absolute strongest thing out there but after the V8 swap and hopefully a move to 40s soon i feel the need for the added strength and piece of mind, so if anyone has any insight to the 2023 best set of go to 1 tons im all ears.

Top Bottom