TeraFlex Front Track Bar Breaks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've recently had a several members contact me by PM and email regarding their TeraFlex front track bar and to find out if they had one that was prone to breaking. In lieu of discovering TeraFlex's policy to keep things quite or worse, BLAMING their customers for breaks they have encountered, I thought it would be a good idea to make everyone aware of this very real and potentially dangerous break. Please note, this problem is something that I have only seen on their Gen 1 track bars which you can identify by it's single bend just above the differential. If you have a newer Gen 2 track bar, it will have 3 bends creating a hoop over the differential just like the factory track bar and you should be fine.

Regarding the break, the track bar has a tendancy to snap in half right at the edge of the turnbuckle threads. When it breaks, this is what it'll look like...
main.php

main.php

If you still have this track bar installed on your Jeep, please do yourself a favor and contact TeraFlex as soon as possible and request to have a replacement Gen 2 one sent to you as soon as possible. If think this is an isolated incident, here's a post from a member of this forum who will tell you otherwise...

Along with my three Monster front track bars I've snapped, I've broken one of my rear Teraflex long arm frame side control arm brackets. On my fronts, I welded all along the outer perimeter of the bracket you posted in the second pic. Instead of my front one snapping like the pics you posted, it was getting cracks along the mount tab for the upper arm. It never broke, but I cut it off and replaced it. All 4 of them actually. front and rear. Here are pics of my broken rear...

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break&p=57983&viewfull=1#post57983

In spite of what some may suggest, I simply cannot make this stuff up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I can't even make this stuff up - at off road evolution now and just saw another one if these broken.

RamP

This is like a Teraflex epidemic. I do appreciate your candor on this. A lot of people buy products on namesake alone.

marshrat

A few weeks ago I installed my TF BB. With all the negative publicly surrounding the TF product line...my brother was going to order the same lift. What is your opinion. It's too late for me but would you suggest he look at another manufacturer? Just your welcomed opinion.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is like a Teraflex epidemic. I do appreciate your candor on this. A lot of people buy products on namesake alone.

Well, like I said, I can't make this stuff up and just want to make sure people are aware of problems like this.

A few weeks ago I installed my TF BB. With all the negative publicly surrounding the TF product line...my brother was going to order the same lift. What is your opinion. It's too late for me but would you suggest he look at another manufacturer? Just your welcomed opinion.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

Truth be told, it's a good kit and one that I recommend all the time. If I have a reservation now, it's in how Teraflex has been handling breaks like this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and here is a pic of the new break that I just saw. Fortunately, the owner was able to hobble to a shop and get a temp fix...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361932156.451676.jpg

Photo compliments of off road evolution.

rubicrawl

Go with the Evo lifts they are proven to withstand the rough terrain and you get the best shocks king coilovers I was just there today and their prices aren't bad trust me I've been other places and these guys are reasonable for the stuff they sell so that's why I'm going evo

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Off Road Evolution just posted this up on their FB page - yet another TeraFlex front track bar break. In spite of what some would suggest, you simply cannot make this stuff up :naw:

528419_10151545638153680_1376952166_n.jpg

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Off Road Evolution just posted this up on their FB page - yet another TeraFlex front track bar break. In spite of what some would suggest, you simply cannot make this stuff up :naw:

Well, Most of us play the juggling game when it comes to money. I learned the hard way with my last jeep. I hear people say " Its cheaper for X lift and it comes with the same parts as Ylift." Just because it has the same components doesnt mean it the same quality. Eddy, we truely do appreciate you posting stuf like this. I was considering a TF lift but wanted to wait and do more research. You might have just saved me from making the same mistake twice.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Well, Most of us play the juggling game when it comes to money. I learned the hard way with my last jeep. I hear people say " Its cheaper for X lift and it comes with the same parts as Y lift." Just because it has the same components doesnt mean it the same quality. Eddy, we truely do appreciate you posting stuff like this. I was considering a TF lift but wanted to wait and do more research. You might have just saved me from making the same mistake twice.

And by (we) im refering to my wife and I, as i do not claim to speak for others.

Top Bottom