Tumbler Begins: '17 JKUR HR

That looks really good, super clean install. I like the factor 55 for the clean look myself. They scratch really easily so I have my red one up front and a dinged up old blue one I keep in the back for actual use on the trail. I dropped the blue one on concrete while installing when it was new and it looked like ass afterwards. Very excited for you getting the CJ frame, have fun!

What 2-3 differential covers would you guys recommend for the D44? Mine got snagged pretty good yesterday at Rausch Creek and had a fairly significant drip. We managed to put a "band-aid" on it back in the parking lot and stop the drip and top it off (thanks again Ryan) but I can only imagine it's a matter of time until it happens again. I was thinking I'd grab one of the black or red ones from ARB or Rancho or a Dynatrac cover...I figure I'll order one today so I can maybe do that while I'm replacing my control arm.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. But if you grind off the bottom lip of the cover it will prevent it from getting snagged again and save you some money.

What 2-3 differential covers would you guys recommend for the D44? Mine got snagged pretty good yesterday at Rausch Creek and had a fairly significant drip. We managed to put a "band-aid" on it back in the parking lot and stop the drip and top it off (thanks again Ryan) but I can only imagine it's a matter of time until it happens again. I was thinking I'd grab one of the black or red ones from ARB or Rancho or a Dynatrac cover...I figure I'll order one today so I can maybe do that while I'm replacing my control arm.

As ty said you can't go wrong with any of them Chris. You can also take a look at the poison spider ones as they are really cheap for a set and pretty strong.

Also for the time being you can pull the rear cover, hammer the lip flat, then grind it down a little as well.

As mentioned, the cheapest and easiest fix is to pull the cover, pound the bent lip flat and then grind it down do that once installed, the edge sits above the differential housing. Problem solved.

That being said, aftermarket diff covers do look cool and you can't really go wrong with any of them assuming they too will sit at or above your diff housing once installed.

^^ I'll give that a shot. Hammering it flat on the vehicle seemed to do the trick initially but I haven't gone outside yet this morning to see if it's seeping at all. A fluid change can't hurt anyway. So when I do that I'll have a closer look at the condition of the cover.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Last edited:
Just took a peek underneath the Jeep.....we left the parking lot around 530 yesterday. So since then and in my driveway overnight, there's a a drop maybe 2 under the diff. Nothing like it was where I was pretty much leaving a small trail everywhere until we took a hammer to it.

Nice looking Hard Rock. I'm glad to see you keeping the HR look. I never understood why people spend the money on a Hard Rock only to see the unique parts for crappy aftermarket bumpers and such.

Just took a peek underneath the Jeep.....we left the parking lot around 530 yesterday. So since then and in my driveway overnight, there's a a drop maybe 2 under the diff. Nothing like it was where I was pretty much leaving a small trail everywhere until we took a hammer to it.

Glad to hear that it was fixed to a degree by ryan and yourself. Now you know you really don't need the money on new diff covers. I would still pull that cover tho and change the fluid as well as try and flatten that one cover more and grind it a little

Ordered a Dynomax cat back system from Amazon. I usually buy from Quadratec whenever possible but Amazon's price was just too good. Also ordered some diff fluid and oil, for some upcoming maintenance.

IMG_2955.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom