Trainwreck's Build

I agree a full float would be the best option, but not completely necessary. After weighing my options and multiple conversations with Dynatrac, this is the combination that made the most sense. I will be sticking with 37" tires max, and I feel this setup should be very capable.

Great! I can't wait to follow along with this build

So I thought I had it all figured out.. And maybe I still do? We will see..

This was the week I planned on ordering axles, steering, and suspension components, but as much of you know Dynatrac has some new stuff coming out very soon! I have been working with Dynatrac and Trail Jeeps to figure out this build, and after a lengthy phone conversation with Tim yesterday, the project is on hold.. I could go through with the plan I figured up to this point, and it would work well, but I would kick myself if I didn't wait and see what Dynatrac came out with. So lets get movin SEMA, Im anxious!

So now the plan has changed, and I'm really happy I decided to wait and see what Dynatrac was going to announce at SEMA. They have some amazing new prices on some great axle sets! In light of this new pricing I decided to change the direction of this build and go with what I ultimately wanted, 1 tons F/R! Really excited about this, but now I have to find a new home for my Slabs that are not even a year old yet.. My bad.. This time around I am going to try out the Trail Ready beadlocks. As far as suspension goes I am going to dumb it down a bit and go with the Evo Enforcer Pro kit, depending how it works out for me will decide if I upgrade to the long arms. I am also going with EVO's high steer/ram mount and PSC hydro assist, which should be like cuttin warm butter with 35's! I am planning on larger tires, and with the switch to 60's F/R I have all sorts of options now, however I still might only max out on 37's.. we will see. Still not sure on gear ratio, 5.13 or 5.38? I don't plan on upgrading my 35's until June/July, and I really have no clue if I am going to go 37, 40, or somewhere in-between.. decisions..

Sounds like a pretty good build plan since your not going higher than 37s I'd think 5.13 would be good. Is this a daily driver . Do you ever think you'd go to 40s in maybe 2 years or so?

Out in the Boonies

Sounds like a pretty good build plan since your not going higher than 37s I'd think 5.13 would be good. Is this a daily driver . Do you ever think you'd go to 40s in maybe 2 years or so?

Out in the Boonies

5.13's would probably work fine, but I'm not sure 37's are the end result cause I want 40's. I plan on a tire purchase this coming summer, and since this isn't my DD I feel like I should just go 5.38. Not sure if this will be too low paired with my 35's while I wait to purchase larger tires?

5.13's would probably work fine, but I'm not sure 37's are the end result cause I want 40's. I plan on a tire purchase this coming summer, and since this isn't my DD I feel like I should just go 5.38. Not sure if this will be too low paired with my 35's while I wait to purchase larger tires?

I just did my re-gear to the 5.13's and am running 37's. It gave back a ton of power and I think they would handle 40's no problem and that's what I plan to do in the future as well.

I just did my re-gear to the 5.13's and am running 37's. It gave back a ton of power and I think they would handle 40's no problem and that's what I plan to do in the future as well.

I feel like 37's would be a solid tire size paired with the PR 60's, and I think I should just look past the want and look more at function. There will be a number of things ill have to address if I go with 40's that I'm not sure I feel like dealing with. That being said, 5.13's would be perfect for 37's

Well, I made up my mind, and there's no turning back now! Just ordered everything up and now comes the hard part.. Waiting..

I have a ton of work to keep me busy until the axles arrive, and this weekend I will be retiring my Jeep from a DD to a garage queen to get started on some tasks. Hopefully I can have everything mostly wrapped up by the time the axles arrive, but if not its no big deal, as this has turned into a winter project. Anyway, here is a list of exactly what is getting installed over the next few months.

-Dynatrac Prorock 60 F/R with 5.13's
-EVO F/R bolt on coilovers
-EVO front lower control arms
-EVO high steer kit
-PSC hydro assist
-Trail Ready HD beadlocks w/ Rock rings 8 lug
-Rockhard sport cage w/ rear bar and c-pillars
-EVO corner armor w/ ORO lights
-ORO rock lights
-Polk audio speakers

Not sure on any time lines yet, but I expect the axles to be a little over 8 weeks out.. Not sure Im going to be able to make it.. lol

Well, I made up my mind, and there's no turning back now! Just ordered everything up and now comes the hard part.. Waiting..

I have a ton of work to keep me busy until the axles arrive, and this weekend I will be retiring my Jeep from a DD to a garage queen to get started on some tasks. Hopefully I can have everything mostly wrapped up by the time the axles arrive, but if not its no big deal, as this has turned into a winter project. Anyway, here is a list of exactly what is getting installed over the next few months.

-Dynatrac Prorock 60 F/R with 5.13's
-EVO F/R bolt on coilovers
-EVO front lower control arms
-EVO high steer kit
-PSC hydro assist
-Trail Ready HD beadlocks w/ Rock rings 8 lug
-Rockhard sport cage w/ rear bar and c-pillars
-EVO corner armor w/ ORO lights
-ORO rock lights
-Polk audio speakers

Not sure on any time lines yet, but I expect the axles to be a little over 8 weeks out.. Not sure Im going to be able to make it.. lol

Holy shit. Congrats. That's quite a list.

Looking for some extra cash? Since you won't need those Slabs anymore I am looking for beadlocks

Yeah, definitely looking to sell them. I haven't put much thought into yet since I was planning on keeping them until a couple days ago. I'll shoot you a PM after I think about this a sec

Found some free time today to replace my speakers. The install went easier than I thought, figured the driver side speaker would be harder to get to.acrt1w1.jpg

ARB fridge showed up today. Couldn't pass up the sale that popped up last week, and I sold my Yeti a few months back in anticipation of a sale around the holidays. Looks very well built, and I'm really looking forward to putting this thing to use.ARBfridge-freezer1.jpg

Been working slowly on the Rock Hard sport cage over the last week. Overall, the install went well with only a few mistakes on my part. I still have the harness bar to install to complete the cage, but I will be getting to that a little later. I removed the rear seats to start figuring out some storage solutions, wanting a flat surface across the whole back.rhc1.jpgrhc2.jpg

Top Bottom